What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cars for sale without clean seats - Trilogy.

It amazes me how many dealers advertise cars without cleaning the seats. Or is it they're so stained it isn't possible to get them clean? Anyway, I won't view if the interior isn't clean. Perhaps most people aren't bothered about this?

Cars for sale without clean seats - Rerepo

I think some of them are in a rush to get cars advertised and so take pictures before they've done a valet. I've cerTainly seen some that looked disgustingly dirty. An closeup photos of dash where you can see a thick layer of dust.

Cars for sale without clean seats - SLO76
I’m often horrified by the state some cars are in when advertised for sale, particularly in private adverts. When I was trading I always had an eye out for local cars advertised privately that had poorly written adverts or were badly valeted. I’d make a cheeky hassle free offer to pick the car up quickly after it had been on for a week or two which was regularly accepted then I properly prepared the car, took loads of flattering pictures and wrote a better advert all of which would usually see a quick profit.
Cars for sale without clean seats - Falkirk Bairn

>> properly prepared the car

Polishing in value & hoovering up the profits!

Edited by Falkirk Bairn on 13/06/2021 at 11:14

Cars for sale without clean seats - 72 dudes

The latest trend I've noticed, especially on Facebook market, and not just for cars is:

"Good condition, just needs a good clean".

Really annoys me for some reason. If I'm in the mood for a bit of devilment, I reply in the comments line, "so clean it then".

>> properly prepared the car

Polishing in value & hoovering up the profits!

Indeed
Cars for sale without clean seats - mcb100
My pet grumble isn’t cleanliness, it’s not having the steering wheel pointed straight ahead.
I understand the desire to have a bit of lock on for external photos, but please straighten the steering wheel.
Cars for sale without clean seats - sammy1

A lot of owners treat their cars like pig sties whether they own them outright or on are on contract. I suppose to a large extent it depends at what level in the market you are looking at. I cannot imagine a main dealer having poorly presented cars for sale.

A lot of owners treat their cars like pig sties whether they own them outright or on are on contract. I suppose to a large extent it depends at what level in the market you are looking at. I cannot imagine a main dealer having poorly presented cars for sale.

It would surprise you. Our local Honda dealer has some very poorly presented stock and national chain AC are notoriously poor at prepping cars properly.
Cars for sale without clean seats - Engineer Andy

It would surprise you. Our local Honda dealer has some very poorly presented stock and national chain AC are notoriously poor at prepping cars properly.

Try saying the last part of the sentence several times! :-) Red lorry, yellow lorry...

“ Try saying the last part of the sentence several times! :-) Red lorry, yellow lorry...”

:-)
Cars for sale without clean seats - Miniman777

A lot of owners treat their cars like pig sties

Know what you mean. It's called the 'lived in' look.

Cars for sale without clean seats - Engineer Andy

It amazes me how many dealers advertise cars without cleaning the seats. Or is it they're so stained it isn't possible to get them clean? Anyway, I won't view if the interior isn't clean. Perhaps most people aren't bothered about this?

I agree - it reflects very badly on the seller, whether that's a dealer or private sale, as it infers they haven't looked after the vehicle, making you wonder what else is wrong with it...

Cars for sale without clean seats - bathtub tom

I always give the car a good wash (and quick polish if necesary), clean glass, a thorough vacuum, but neve,ever use cockpit shine or tyre dressing as I reckon they make it look like it's come from a back street dealer. From a non smoking, pet free home was the clincher on the last I sold.

Cars for sale without clean seats - nellyjak

Hate cars that haven't been cleaned for sale..lazy beggars,..and suggests they haven't looked after the bits you can't see..... so I wouldn't even go look tbh.

Another one that really gets my goat is when they say something is wrong...but it's an "easy fix"..Grrrr...so FIX IT.!!!

Cars for sale without clean seats - Warning

If you are buying a car from a main dealer, don't assume it has come from a clean owners. I saw one before being prepped and it looked like an animals live ther. The car was full of sweet wrapers, crips etc... Another at another dealership, had been used by the salesmen as his person joyride and the back seat had chocolate wrappers.

I never allow anyone to eat or drink in my car. Even when I go to McDonalds, I see people in the car park and eating there. Why make the car dirty.

Cars for sale without clean seats - Warning

I watch this German guy. He buys up old BMW and repairs. He bought this old BMW from the US and then imported it back to Germany.

Detailing Dirtiest M5 Ever - Cheap V10 BMW E60 M5 6-speed - Project Raleigh: Part 4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RreVW_zW9O8

I like this guy.... He used to be an IT guy, but his YouTube channel has enabled him to work on renovating BMWs full time....

Cars for sale without clean seats - sammy1

"""I never allow anyone to eat or drink in my car. Even when I go to McDonalds, I see people in the car park and eating there. Why make the car dirty. """"

I once was foolish enough to let my kids eat Curly Whirlys in the back, you know the ones where the chocolate separates from the toffee, and a right mess they make!

Cars for sale without clean seats - Andrew-T

Is there a conceptual difference between a car 'without clean seats' and another 'with dirty seats' ? At least the second car can be sat in, and perhaps driven ? :-)

Cars for sale without clean seats - Gibbo_Wirral

If an owner can't be bothered to clean the interior, what other aspects of car maintenance are they neglecting?

Cars for sale without clean seats - Falkirk Bairn

>>what other aspects of car maintenance are they neglecting?

I would suggest most car owners today do very little - the car goes through a carwash, tyre pressures are checked when they buy new tyres, the oil levels/water levels are checked when the car goes for it's MoT.

I wash my car say every 2 weeks at least, check oil/water say every 4 weeks, tyre pressures every 2 months - by today's standards I would say that is well above average. I never seem to see neighbours doing even the basics.

Exception is the next door OCD neighbour

Weekly (at least)

Car wash & dry by hand 40 minutes - it used to be 2 or 3 times per week but his driveway bricks began to sink and cost a lot to get them lifted/re-laid.

Oil/water etc etc

Vacuum (20 mins) - could be longer if a friend's dog has had a lift

Fortnightly

Foot pump out

Monthly

Polish is out every month 2 to 3 hours

Cars for sale without clean seats - Will deBeast

Some people have a relaxed attitude to grubbiness.

I offered to drive a wedding car for a member of my staff. When I turned up to their flat, the bride was in her wedding dress, but the flat had multiple dog poos in every room. The bride was stepping over them rather than picking them up.

I had another member of staff whose office chair was so horrid that we paid the cleaner extra to give it a deep clean once a month.

Cars for sale without clean seats - Alby Back
I do a pretty high annual mileage, well, I did pre-Brovid. Anyway, I keep the inside of my cars operating theatre standard clean, because that's where I sit. Can't bear sitting in a dirty car.

The outside gets cleaned much less often, more or less if there's an imminent solstice or exquinox really. Glass, lights, mirrors and number plates get a regular wipe over I suppose.
Cars for sale without clean seats - Miniman777

When I was looking for a car, I got sick and tired of dealers who expected you to cough up the thick end of £30k for a premium car with dirty wheels, driver's carpet, boot carpet, stained seats, dust around the console/dashboard etc.

Taking pics of a ill-prepared car for sale is just sloppy, and in my mind reflects on the attitude of the dealer and his staff. Sloppy and couldn't care less.

On that basis, they do not deserve the business. Most franchised dealers employ a valeter, so where is the problem. Even a quick hoover and jet wash would solve many of issues we spot in photos.

Cars for sale without clean seats - badbusdriver

I had another member of staff whose office chair was so horrid that we paid the cleaner extra to give it a deep clean once a month.

When I was a bus driver, there was another driver who did a 'fixed shift', so he always did the same thing. This involved local town service for around 5 hours, off for a couple of hours, then back on to the same route for about another 3. The driver in question was a bigger chap (I know, unusual for a bus driver!), and it became the done thing that on a hot day, the 'regular driver' taking over from the fixed shift chap for that few hours in between, would take a newspaper with him/her.

Why?, to put on the drivers seat of the bus which would be damp with sweat.............