What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV 2014 diesel 2.2 - Advice needed re.used CRV warning lights - PinkKLF

After owning two very old and battered cars (and spending no money on them as they were pretty much fault free for 17 years) we decided to buy a CRV from a very well known dealer. Looked tidy, fairly low mileage for year, drove well. Not a very expensive car as they go of course, but a step up for us and obviously from a dealer is rather over the odds anyway, price-wise.

Got it home and when I looked out of the bedroom window, it's got a proper dent in the roof to one side. You cannot see it unless you have a ladder or are looking from above. Not a stone chip but a pretty significant dent as though something's really landed hard on it. Has three elements, so maybe part of tree or something? I was miffed as I would have liked to have been at least made aware of it at purchase. There was no chance we could ever see it at the point of sale, such is the height of the car and its placement at the highest point and to one side. Perhaps dealer wasn't aware of it either. It does look a little bit like a car wash brush has been dropped on it though...prep damage? Dealer had offered to take out teeny tiny scuff on boot before purchse but neglected blooming great dent that couldn't be seen.

Anyway, partner drives to work for first time this morning. Gets three miles along a main road, turns off onto slip road and then four warning lights start. Malfunction indicator lamp, electric power steering, vehicle stability assist and low tyre pressure. They all stayed on. Partner turned round and drove home straightaway, returning to work in battered old car as lights suggest cannot be driven (and of course we'll negate any warranty if we do). We have driven it 30 miles in total since we picked it up 3 days ago.

Soooo... lights could simply be a nothing thing of course. But maybe not. And of course roof dent could have been genuinely missed by dealer. But maybe not.

Any ideas what could be causing this particular formation of lights? Have started to lose confidence in the thing before it's even been properly used.

Honda CRV 2014 diesel 2.2 - Advice needed re.used CRV warning lights - elekie&a/c doctor
The fact you’ve got issues from day 1 , as well as the roof damage , would suggest the car is not of satisfactory quality. Very likely that it had problems with the warning lights previously and the dealer just cleared them . I would reject the car now , under the 28 day CRA regulations. There are plenty of this model out there . Look elsewhere.
Honda CRV 2014 diesel 2.2 - Advice needed re.used CRV warning lights - PinkKLF

Yes, we are coming to the same conclusion. 30 miles and the warning lights on is a 'coincidence'!! Thanks :)

Honda CRV 2014 diesel 2.2 - Advice needed re.used CRV warning lights - edlithgow

Look on the bright side

(a) You can probably chuck it back at them without cost. Phew!

(b) You still have at least one battered old car.

Battered old cars are increasingly rare. You can buy shiny new junk all day any day.