What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - Random

www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltaylor/2021/05/13/ev-r...8

aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - SLO76
If this proves to be true and they can be manufactured for less than current battery packs then this is the sort of technology that’ll make electric cars viable. Until something like this is proven and in mass production any laws banning the sale of combustion or compression vehicles is insanity and will only serve to force ordinary working people off the road and even out of work.
aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - Bolt
If this proves to be true and they can be manufactured for less than current battery packs then this is the sort of technology that’ll make electric cars viable. Until something like this is proven and in mass production any laws banning the sale of combustion or compression vehicles is insanity and will only serve to force ordinary working people off the road and even out of work.

They have a lot of competition from other companies working on batteries but think maybe Tesla are further ahead, and using other materials rather than cobalt with different manufacturing techniques.

also making them faster with less failure rates of batteries, and lasting longer, though that is not proved yet, but range is getting better which may help sell them better than they are now

better still prices should come down as battery pack become cheaper to make.?

aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - Engineer Andy

I suspect that the key isn't just how well they work, but how much of the raw materials needed to make each type of 'battery' technology is easily available (i.e. not deep mined and can be easily [cheaply, and using little energy and hazardous materials]), given many of the raw materials used in today's battery tech is either quite rare, difficult to mine and/or toxic to the environment/people.

Let's hope that for everyone's sake, the CCP don't control whatever raw materials are requied for the tech that gains the ascendancy.

aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - Warning

A number of groups have been working on this.

New aluminum-ion battery from Stanford (2015)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKIcYk7E9lU

Low-cost Aluminum battery with waste graphite (2017)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZxKLSAsEN8

Until they produce something in the real world. I would be cautious.

Anyone remember, when Tata announced the compressed air car in 2012. Nothing came of it.
www.torquenews.com/1080/whatever-happened-compress...y

aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - Engineer Andy

A number of groups have been working on this.

New aluminum-ion battery from Stanford (2015)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKIcYk7E9lU

Low-cost Aluminum battery with waste graphite (2017)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZxKLSAsEN8

Until they produce something in the real world. I would be cautious.

Rather like those saying they have 'cracked' cheap and low energy use desalination for use in making hydrogen from seawater. Lots of years of testing before anything gets upscaled...assuming it works as intended for the price quoted.

Anyone remember, when Tata announced the compressed air car in 2012. Nothing came of it.
www.torquenews.com/1080/whatever-happened-compress...y

A load of hot air? :-)

Rather like Ford and their nuclear powered Jetson family car (see John Cadogan's YT video 'In-car adverts' for more)

Edited by Engineer Andy on 27/05/2021 at 18:18

aluminum-ion-battery-charges-60-times-faster-than - Xileno

One thing to prove the technology in the laboratory, a completely different problem to make it commercially viable. But we will see...