Nissan Note S - Welding and car value - Alex Rankin

I had some welding done on my current car at the last MOT and am curious to know if that would affect the sale price. It's pretty old anyway so not expecting much but runs well and has had a lot of work done (clutch, suspension etc) so am keen to try and get some cash for it. Would you consider a car that has had welding work or is it as good as scrap at that point?

Nissan Note S - Welding and car value - Xileno

It wouldn't put me off buying it although I know from experience once you start welding a car, it tends to need more the next year.

Edited by Xileno on 24/03/2021 at 19:30

Yeah sure. I appreciate someone with experience might steer clear of it.

Nissan Note S - Welding and car value - blindspot

was the weld ,on the subframe, under battery

Nissan Note S - Welding and car value - bathtub tom

If it's got a current, new MOT, I'd suggest it'll make no difference. In my experience very few people are aware they can check the MOT history (I presume it failed on corrosion).

It was under the wheel arch

Nissan Note S - Welding and car value - SLO76
It will make little difference to a car of this age and value, but it has s time to think about upgrading if it’s financially possible. Once you start welding it’s likely the car is heavily corroded underneath.
Nissan Note S - Welding and car value - blindspot

theyhave a history of corrosion under wheel arch near battery. If buying one, you might be aware of this, and would be pleased its been sorted

Okay I was not aware of that. Thanks