What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Does this mean I can still drive a v8? - E-Fuels (Synthetic Fuel) - Metropolis.
www.autoblog.com/2021/02/23/porsche-synthetic-fuel...Q

Sounds too good to be true. However if it works as described, it has massive potential.

“ Synthetic fuels are made by extracting hydrogen via renewable energy, and capturing it liquid form with carbon dioxide. Compared to pump fuel, eFuels emit fewer particulates and nitrogen oxide as well.”

And for BBD, the press release from Mazda:

www.mazda-press.com/eu/news/2021/mazda-first-oem-t.../
Does this mean I can still drive a v8? - E-Fuels (Synthetic Fuel) - RT

If you can afford to buy e-fuel then you can afford to run a V8.

Does this mean I can still drive a v8? - E-Fuels (Synthetic Fuel) - edlithgow

If you can afford to buy e-fuel then you can afford to run a V8.

As I understand it you still wont be able to buy a new one in the UK though, unless its a hybrid, wherever the fuel comes from

Does this mean I can still drive a v8? - E-Fuels (Synthetic Fuel) - mcb100

I'd also imagine the road fund licence for anything non-EV will sky rocket, come 2030.

Does this mean I can still drive a v8? - E-Fuels (Synthetic Fuel) - John F

I'd also imagine the road fund licence for anything non-EV will sky rocket, come 2030. .....

.....unless, like my two 'forever' cars, they are registered before March 2006.

Does this mean I can still drive a v8? - E-Fuels (Synthetic Fuel) - craig-pd130

.......unless, like my two 'forever' cars, they are registered before March 2006.

Out of curiosity, John, does the manual for your Audi A8 say anything about ethanol in fuels?

My previous bike was a 2006 Suzuki (a fuel-injected model which was sold in all markets globally) and the owner;s manual specifically stated that fuel with no more than 10% ethanol is fine to use.

The model I had was introduced in 2003, so Japanese bike manufacturers were making their machines ready for E10 fuels nearly 20 years ago.