What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Civic 1.6 diesel 2014 - Honda Civic SRS module repair? - Davestark

Hi. I have a problem with my SRS unit. SRS light , rear seat belt warning and Autostart warning all came on at once. No accident, no deployment. As per manual, took car to dealer. They have told me the SRS module itself is toast. Fair enough I thought, these things happen. Cost £1200 fitted. Ouch. I know you can get data cleared for a few quid, but I am not sure that will help with a damaged unit. Is there anywhere that can repair these units. I have spent a day on the net getting nowhere so I hope somebody here knows better. Many thanks.

Dave

Civic 1.6 diesel 2014 - Honda Civic SRS module repair? - Falkirk Bairn

Ebay - 2nd hand modules around £20-£30 from the scrappies.

Then you have to be confident at installing or getting a car electrician to do the business.

Civic 1.6 diesel 2014 - Honda Civic SRS module repair? - Galaxy

If you want a guaranteed remanufactured one:

www.bba-reman.com

Civic 1.6 diesel 2014 - Honda Civic SRS module repair? - elekie&a/c doctor
An srs module should last the life of the car . Has the car had a flat battery or been jump started . This is a safety critical component. I would not trust a s/hand part (with unknown history)or one that has been “repaired “ .
Civic 1.6 diesel 2014 - Honda Civic SRS module repair? - Davestark

Thanks all. Yes SRS should last as long as car. Unfortunately there are quite a few instances of Civics of my cars model blowing them. I appreciate used parts are not ideal, but a £1200 repair on a 5k car hurts. I have had experiences before when it would have cheaper to bin a car than suffer all the bills incurred. I will look into the ideas offered. Thanks again.

Oh I did replace battery on the off chance. No help. It actually went pop when swerving around a pot hole. It didn't hit it, just swerved around it.

Edited by Davestark on 26/02/2021 at 12:39

Civic 1.6 diesel 2014 - Honda Civic SRS module repair? - Nickynoko

Hi did you have to replace the SRS unit or were you able to get it repaired? I have all the same issues as you above. Auto stop start, airbag light and rear seatbelt sign on and at a loss. I had a computer diagnostic and it is throwing up code U0151 sayong gauge contol module jas lost communicationwith the SRS unit. I've taken the seats apart checked the wiring etc. If the cost was £1200 3 years ago I'm sure its much higher now. I'd be interested in what you had to do in the end. Before I bite the bullet and ring Honda. I also hit a pothole but I can't be sure the lights all came on at the time or shortly after. Thanks