What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
One Network Road Reports - greysynchro

I use One.Network site (used to be called Elgin or Roadworks.org) t keep track of incidents/accidents in my local area and also, on behalf of my trucker son, main roads throughout the country. I've received an email fron One.Network to advise that due to Data Protection Rules (as assumed by Department of Transport) and something called Street Manager, I can no longer receive, as a member of the public, in-depth details of roadworks etc. One.Network states that:-

" These are pieces of information designed to supply extra detail about any given roadworks, and where they're carried out. They're more sensitive than other bits of roadworks information, which is why the Street Manager rules affect them"

So in effect, All I will be able to view is the name of the council, the name of the road and what traffic controls ( temporary traffic lights etc). i will no longer be able to see what specific section of a road or a description of the works.

For the general public, this makes One.Network as useful as a chocolate tea-pot!. How it is sensitive information under Data Protection I just dont understand. Anybody like to enlighten me.

One Network Road Reports - Bromptonaut

What level of detail was included previously?

Edited by Bromptonaut on 21/01/2021 at 16:21

Previously I was able to see what One.Network called 'Information for opeational teams' The example given by them in their blog shows "Location - Green Lanes to Myddelton Gardens South Side No2 to 56 - North Side" Also "Description - Footway Reconstruction work and improvements"

Based on this detailed information as to whether he could still drive his truck through such roadworks if there was limited width. This info will no longer be available to the public.

What I just dont see how these extra details have to be covered under Data Protection?

One Network Road Reports - Deryck

I was wondering about this as I use the same website as there seems to be quite a few roads on my way to work (before COVID) that are being dug up on a regular basis. It is good to know what sectoin is closed as this makes a big difference to route planning

I am hoping the information is still useful. Iwonder if the detail can be found from the local councils but my county council point me back to One.Netwrok

Deryck. Thanks, I am glad to see I am not alone.