Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - 2knees

any tips on getting the max price for my car!

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - madf

Clean, tidy, all paint/upholstery repaired as and when, Service history, .

VERY good photographs help if selling privately.

Look at what others - comparable to yours - sell at locally.

Wording of advert key if a private sale. It pays to think carefully key selling points.

(Miss out optional extras on car description and your will lose buyers who search for them.)

Lots for sale at this time of year- many unsold for months.

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - bathtub tom

Price it at the minimum you're prepared to accept and don't take any offers.

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - Andrew-T

All the above-mentioned points, but I just wonder if potential buyers may be wary of buying privately at a time of lockdown. Used-car interiors must be a likely source of infection, so you may need to think about decontamination - which I would hope any respectable trader would have done before sale.

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - Engineer Andy

All the above-mentioned points, but I just wonder if potential buyers may be wary of buying privately at a time of lockdown. Used-car interiors must be a likely source of infection, so you may need to think about decontamination - which I would hope any respectable trader would have done before sale.

I also suspect that many people will be trying to rid themselves of unwanted second or low-use, high-maintenance modern diesel cars at the moment - private as well as dealerships. No real guarantee for either that one for sale would have been used any time recently and for a reasonable mileage.

Problems could easily arise such as:

Tyre flatspots or other damage due to them not being kept at the right pressure (including overpressured correctly if usused);

Batteries near expiry;

Sticking brake calipers and warped/rusted brake discs;

Corrosion through not washing the car because the previous owner has been shielding for a long period;

Deteriorated fuel quality from fuel left sitting in the tank usued for several months.

Cars like to be used.

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - SLO76

any tips on getting the max price for my car!

What age is the car, what mileage has it covered and does it have a full service record?
Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - johncyprus

Having very recently sold a Jazz I’ll tell you my experience. The car was a silver Mk1 2008 SE CVT with 57,000 miles with FSH and every invoice and in well above average condition but not immaculate and we’ve had it eight years. I advertised it on gumtree and Next Door ( another free site ) and put a classified ad on eBay.
The advert was comprehensive and had the maximum photos allowed and the photos showed a decent property ( nothing puts me off more when considering a car than seeing a dump of a property ) in the foreground.
The car took about 10 days to sell. I had about 10 offers by text mostly derisory amounts that I ignored and had about five phone calls. Two people who I think were genuine said that my ad was so comprehensive they didn’t need to ask any questions so get the advert just right, maybe find a good ad and use that as a template. I had two people make appointments then cancel at the last moment so be prepared for that. I had one person phone who sounded unpleasant so I got rid of him. Then last Saturday had a phone call in the morning from a chap who wanted a good reliable runner for his mother in law and the car was sold in the afternoon. FWIW I asked an optimistic £3495 and dropped the price to £3250 after five days and the car sold for £3100. The CVTs are worth a few hundred pounds more than the manuals. The seller responded to my Ebay classified ad, good value at £19 I think.

Slightly off topic but it does pay to go private. We got very lucky just before Christmas, I’d been trawling ads for Honda Jazzs for weeks at around £10,000 Mark and found an ad on Autotrader for a private silver 2018 Jazz CVT SE with 21,000 for £9,250 which was very cheap. I phoned the seller who told me he’d been offered £9250 by WBAC but they’d messed him around so he put on the autotrader and I was the first one to phone. I checked the price on WBAC and they offered £9250. Within 30 minutes we were in the car going to see it. We saw it, liked it and bought it. The car even has a service plan included. I think it was SLO who posted months ago that he’d tried to buy a Jazz from the trade and found most of them were pretty poor. This privately owned car is like new.
The cost to change from a 2008 model to a 2018 model was £6,150. Incidentally the 2008 car cost £5,700 in 2013 so pretty cheap motoring.
Back to OP, do a comprehensive advert with many photos, be patient and selective with who you deal with and get a fair price for the car.

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - Chris M

"nothing puts me off more when considering a car than seeing a dump of a property"

I agree 100% with you there. I've never had a problem selling privately, but the cars have never been more than £3k. I've always taken the photos away from my home, usually somewhere like the car park of the local park or somewhere rural. Firstly, my driveway isn't large enough to take photos from all angles without moving the car around and also I feel it slightly bad form to put photos of my neighbours properties up on the internet.

You've got me wondering whether photos from neutral locations put some people off because they assume I'm trying to hide something. For the record, whilst I wouldn't describe my house as photogenic, it's a reasonable house in a reasonable area.

Honda Jazz - How to sell my car at the best price - skidpan

Back to OP, do a comprehensive advert with many photos, be patient and selective with who you deal with and get a fair price for the car.

The last time we sold a car privately was back in 2015. We had no intention of going down this road since the garage we were buying from had offered us a reasonable figure compared to WBAC (slightly more obviously) and we simply did not want the hassle plus at the time due to family illness we did not want to be reduced to a one car family even for a short time.

The dealer we were buying from rang to confirm the car we had ordered had arrived from another site in the group but due to the week it had taken to arrange transport etc the value of the car had dropped by £1000. Initially I told him to forget it and asked for the deposit back to which he went down the road of legal reasons why that was not possible plus there would be additional transport and restock charges that we would have to pay. But after ringing round other dealers it did appear that whilst there were cars in stock there were no Euro 5 ones left in our spec and it was those that the excellent deals were on. We were saving £5000 off list, about 30% so to buy a car from elsewhere (even a broker) was going to cost ££££'s more.

Then the dealer principal rang us in the Mr Nice Guy mode and apologised for his colleagues attitude. Said that the car had not fallen in value, it had been confused with another similar car they had valued at the same time and to avoid a loss of a sale they would include the £199 service plan in the deal. I agreed but said I would sell the car elsewhere.

Next morning went to the local Park at 7 o'clock and took some nice photos and put it on Autotrader. Before lunch I had a call and the chap arranged to come and look later in the afternoon. Took him a drive round the district and we agreed a price (more than the PX and WBAC) and he agreed to collect the following afternoon. I picked him up from the station, he paid me cash and did the VED on-line and drove away never to be seen or heard from again. Car still on the road, just passed another MOT.

So advertise it well at a reasonable price and you will get a buyer.