What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Kia 9 months on - And what a year it has been! - _

After my "experience" of the MG Zs it has been all plain sailing and nothing to complain about the Sportage. Stress free motoring, if not quite as light on fuel as the Zs. locally seemps to be 30-33 mpg which is entirely local short runs.

So quite happy to have a large portion of humble pie to eat.

I think that it (the Zs) has finally sold, showing as "delivered"!

I would also like to thank everyone fot their kind support at the time I had "The Bug" and have made a 99.99% recovery. There is a tiny patch in the bottom right lung, but am walking Blodwen as normal and shifted 4 tons of brick and concrete a couple of months back when doing the driveway..

A huge thank you too to the NHS and our local surgery who have looked after me so well.

Wishing all of you a Merry christmas and a better 2021.

Kia 9 months on - And what a year it has been! - badbusdriver

Glad to hear you are firing on all cylinders again ORB, and yes, nothing but respect for the NHS.

Good that you are having no problems with the Sportage, not that that comes as a surprise of course!. Have to say, I'm seeing lots of ZS's on the road now, and not just in my local area (where we now have an MG dealer in town).

Have to say, I'm seeing lots of ZS's on the road now, and not just in my local area (where we now have an MG dealer in town).

Maybe I was a bit unlucky with my Zs, but on the Mg-rover.org forum there is a list of faults, but mine at least didn't the have any rust issues. The moaning gearbox (1st and reverse) seems to be the most common grouch with rough running especially on the 1.0 litre autos)

The GM derived 1.3 3 pot should theoretically arrive next year as the MG3 is being updated with a 3 pot.

One other thing, Those driver and passenger seats wre good! The Kia seats are good but it would be nice to have nore lateral support.

Maybe I was a bit unlucky with my Zs, but on the Mg-rover.org forum there is a list of faults, but mine at least didn't the have any rust issues. The moaning gearbox (1st and reverse) seems to be the most common grouch with rough running especially on the 1.0 litre autos)

One of my customers who is a retired bus driver (so I knew him anyway) has one pretty much the same as yours, with the 1.5. Happy enough with it so far, but I'm sure I'll hear about it should any problems arise!.

Kia 9 months on - And what a year it has been! - FP

I'm very glad to hear you have made such an excellent recovery, ORB. (And also that you continue to post here - but that's a different story!)

I would echo your praise of the NHS, from which I too have had excellent care over the last few years. I'm not even sure I would be here now without it.

Kia 9 months on - And what a year it has been! - Andrew-T

A huge thank you too to the NHS and our local surgery who have looked after me so well.

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a better 2021.

And the upside for you, ORB, is that you should now have immunity, so little to worry about for yourself ?

Season's Greetings to all too. Incidentally, haven't heard much from SLO lately - where is he ?

Edited by Andrew-T on 20/12/2020 at 09:21

And the upside for you, ORB, is that you should now have immunity, so little to worry about for yourself ?

Sadly, evidence so far suggests any immunity from having had covid, doesn't actually last that long. So long term, I think it will be sown to a combination of continuing to be careful along with a vaccine of some kind or other.

Season's Greetings to all too. Incidentally, haven't heard much from SLO lately - where is he ?

He is still about, posted I the wee small hours on Sat morning (possibly rum in hand?!) on the Estate/MPV thread.

SWMBO is having her first jab of two later this afternoon (NHS worker) even though she had a milder dose of the bug than me. If I am offered it, (theoretically end january february ish ) I will have it too.

Says he with a glass of Lustau Emperatriz Eugenie Oloroso in hand...

Never thought I'd be a Sherry man till I did the tour in Jerez in 2019..

Cheers all!

Edited by _ORB_ on 20/12/2020 at 11:20

Kia 9 months on - And what a year it has been! - John F

Never thought I'd be a Sherry man till I did the tour in Jerez in 2019

Hope you enjoyed the clock museum - best part of my visit!