What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 2008 ev advert - barney100

Range 208 miles. Achievable if you don't use the heater or lights, carry next to nothing including passengers, don't go uphill etc etc. Your battery will loose 30% of it's efficiency gradually so you do the math of the range then.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - Bromptonaut

Your battery will loose 30% of it's efficiency gradually so you do the math of the range then.

Can you give us a source for that assertion?

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - badbusdriver

Is there an actual point to this thread?, other than another opportunity to knock an EV?.

ICE cars fuel consumption figures have been wildly optimistic for donkeys years, still are. So why is that OK, but its OK to make a big song and dance about EV makers claiming their car can travel further on a charge than it actually can?.

Not a song and dance just the honest ad from Peugeot. Can't see why you think it's knocking EVs it's just the figures from Peugeot themselves and you can think of them as you please.

The advert fro Peugeot themselves, at lest they are honest.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - mcb100

I'm not sure what point you're making. Is the 208 miles the WLTP figure?

Not really trying to make a point, if you are thinking of an EV it's best to know what to expect.

Not really trying to make a point, if you are thinking of an EV it's best to know what to expect.

Let me ask again, can you source the assertion about 30% loss as the batteries age?

My daughter has the conventional hatch version; e208. Two hundred miles or even 150 adequately cover her commute for half a week. She's got a domestic charger that's considerably faster then a 13amp socket. Can also charge at her in-laws using their solar panels.

Peugeot's own advert.

Peugeot's own advert.

It says the battery warranty is 100k miles and 70% capacity. Nowhere does it say it WILL reduce by 30%.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - alan1302

Why even post about it if you don't want to make a point?

Will you post about the claims that Peugeot make for their ICE cars?

According to the info in the real mpg section, the 100PS version of the Fiesta Ecoboost will travel about 25% less on a gallon of petrol than Ford say it will.

So why not start a thread about that?, or do you think buyers of ICE cars don't need to know what to expect?

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - sammy1

High time trading standards made the manufacturers of cars put a disclaimer on the "mpg" of cars even more so with EVs about to take over. EVs driven in a shall we say an enthusiastic way and with accessories turned on will have their range reduced by some 50% in the real world. Same can be said for ICE but to a less extent.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - mcb100
There’s already a disclaimer, this one is from Peugeot’s website -

The fuel consumption or electric range achieved, and CO2 produced (where applicable), in real world conditions will depend upon a number of factors including, but not limited to: the accessories fitted (pre and post registration); the starting charge of the battery (electric only); variations in weather; driving styles and vehicle load. The all-new e-208 is a battery electric vehicle requiring mains electricity for charging. The WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) is used to measure fuel consumption, electric range and CO2 figures. Figures shown are for comparison purposes and should only be compared to the fuel consumption, electric range and CO2 values of other cars tested to the same technical standard.
Peugeot 2008 ev advert - galileo

Alan1302 reminds me of the Monty Python sketch about arguments, where the resident arguer contradicted any statement on principle.

No matter what he topic, Alan seems to adopt this approach, or is it just my perception?

Alan1302 reminds me of the Monty Python sketch about arguments, where the resident arguer contradicted any statement on principle.

No matter what he topic, Alan seems to adopt this approach, or is it just my perception?

You are obviously much more interested in Alan1302's general responses than I am. But in this case, his posts make a perfectly valid point. Any of his other responses have no bearing on this particular thread.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - Gibbo_Wirral

Long gone are the days when a car advert would show something about the car or any stats.

Now its all about the lifestyle they're trying to sell. There's one car advert that shows fleeting images of the car whizzing through some modern city. Not a single shot of the interior.

There’s already a disclaimer, this one is from Peugeot’s website -

The fuel consumption or electric range achieved, and CO2 produced (where applicable), in real world conditions will depend upon a number of factors including, but not limited to: the accessories fitted (pre and post registration); the starting charge of the battery (electric only); variations in weather; driving styles and vehicle load. The all-new e-208 is a battery electric vehicle requiring mains electricity for charging. The WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicles Test Procedure) is used to measure fuel consumption, electric range and CO2 figures. Figures shown are for comparison purposes and should only be compared to the fuel consumption, electric range and CO2 values of other cars tested to the same technical standard.

There is also a feature on the e-2008 page (presumably also for the e-208) where you can select how you drive, average speed, temperature, etc, and it will tell you how much range you can actually expect.

So no reason for anyone to be surprised at the actual range of the e-2008, and so no real point to this thread.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - madf

Anyone with any experience of cars - or with the ability and wish to google it and find out before buying..- will know all published mpg figures are not real world.

Period.

To start a thread on one particular car not meeting published fuel consumption figures is like starting a thread on the fact the earth is round. :-)

To start a thread on one particular car not meeting published fuel consumption figures is like starting a thread on the fact the earth is round. :-)

I do hope there are no 'flat earthers' among us....................

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - bathtub tom

I do hope there are no 'flat earthers' among us....................

We all know it's a flat planet balanced on the backs of four elephants which in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle.

Peugeot 2008 ev advert - alan1302

Just your perception.