What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Trilogy.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/polestar-logo-temporarily-banned-france-over-citroen-similarity

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Bolt

Reminds me of the problems a mobile phone company had over the shape of the phone they made, similar to another company but not the same

have these companies nothing better to spent their money on, they could give a customer a large discount instead of wasting it?....

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - badbusdriver

Despite what the article suggests, I think the problem is more to do with the Polestar logo's similarity to the DS logo, rather than the Citroen one.

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Brit_in_Germany

Despite what the article suggests, I think the problem is more to do with the Polestar logo's similarity to the DS logo, rather than the Citroen one.

The article refers to the DS logo as being the problem.

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - badbusdriver

The article refers to the DS logo as being the problem.

Yes the article does mention the DS logo, but only by association, not as being the problem. Also, the pictures do show the Polestar logo next to the Citroen one (not the DS one). While they do use the same two individual shapes, the Citroen and Polestar logo's don't look very alike at all. Look at the DS logo next to the Polestar one though, and they do look pretty similar to the average person.

It does seem to be a waste of time, money and resources though. A three year legal battle and the result is that Polestar can't use the logo on cars they sell in France, for six months (after which, presumably they can) hardly a success for Citroen. Plus, any French Polestar customers during that six months could obtain a logo themselves and fit it themselves should they want to, or Polestar can fit one at the first service.

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - _

The French get grumpy with the Swedes

The French can get grumpy with everyone, including each other..

Parisians and everyone else.. Just pick your region..

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Sofa Spud

The French can get grumpy with everyone, including each other.

A bit like us British, then !

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - _

The French can get grumpy with everyone, including each other.

A bit like us British, then !

Swmbo tells me that is my name in the mornings.

Water off a ducks...

When I'm nice, I'm nice, when I'm grumpy... I'll leave you to guess.

Also, if you invert both of the Polestar V's and join them, they form a diamond. I wonder if Renault has noticed.

As for the Polestar logo looking like the DS logo, even if they look alike I don't think there's much risk of people confusing the actual CARS of the two brands!

Edited by Sofa Spud on 10/11/2020 at 10:46

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Bromptonaut

IIRC CItroen had problems with the Nemo van/car in France due to issues with Disney over the cartoon about aquarium escapes.

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Bilboman

I seem to remember Citroën getting a bit stroppy over the Mini Coopers' third consecutive Monte Carlo Rally win in 1966. The French team jumped up and down and huffed and puffed and finally found a way to disqualify the first FIVE (!) cars from the race, including three Mini Coopers, and ensure that the somewhat embarrassed Pauli Toivonen took first place in his DS. A ridiculous technicality over single/double filament bulbs, which had been used before and were suddenly illegal on French roads during rallye season. I suppose if Donald Trump were a car, he'd be a Citroën!

The French get grumpy with the Swedes - Engineer Andy

Le Sulk II.

Edited by Engineer Andy on 10/11/2020 at 20:54

If this isn't settled soon it'll be the Dutch getting grumpy with the Chinese !

Citroen will soon be a subsidiary of the Dutch company Stellantis,

Polestar and Volvo are owned by Geely, which is Chinese.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 11/11/2020 at 22:02