What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - tbg

Hello all

I have the above car but hate the driver's headrest and am looking for a replacement because according to the book the headrest should be able to tilt forward and backward which I think should fix the problem but from Citroen it's £350 so I'm looking around for a second hand one but I am struggling so does anyone know where I can find one. , Also does anyone know if the previous model upto 2013 fit the 2017 modwl

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - Penumbra

Quick check on Ebay. 3 used there between £40 and £50

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - mcb100

May be worth checking with, or informing, your insurance company before fitting a head restraint not designed for that seat. Any potential whiplash claims would be interesting.

Thanks for the help I'm still looking through eBay. It's the driver's seat I'm interested in. I believe the upto 2013 model won't fit a 2017 but I'm good to check with a dealer

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - badbusdriver

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if the headrest is so objectionable, why buy the car?. Presumably you had a test drive, or at least sat in it before committing to buying it.

I did and although not the best I just thought I needed more time to find the right setup and just thought millions sold can't be that bad , and maybe I still need a little more time to find the sweet spot but I'm just looking for alternatives.

Also I'm still looking around but just to clarify,

In the manual it's says that depending on which model the headrest should tilt back and forth which is the one I'm looking , I've Rand my Citroen dealer who say they can't give me a part number is the allowed ( company policy )

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - galileo

IAlso I'm still looking around but just to clarify,

In the manual it's says that depending on which model the headrest should tilt back and forth which is the one I'm looking , I've rang my Citroen dealer who say they can't give me a part number is the allowed ( company policy )

With a company policy like that I will add Citroen to the infamous list of manufacturers who treat customers with contempt. (the others have been named a few times on here)

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - Andrew-T

<< With a company policy like that I will add Citroen to the infamous list of manufacturers who treat customers with contempt. (the others have been named a few times on here >>

Galileo, you may be jumping to conclusions. The company referred to may just be the local dealership, and it is likely to be a relatively inoffensive brush-off remark anyway. I'm sure you might find a part number from a Citroen user group online. That's where I can always find a Peugeot part number (CPUK member).

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - focussed

Head "rests" are actually head restraints to support your head and protect your neck in the event of being rear-ended.

Here is how to adjust them properly to gain maximum protection.

www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-s...f

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - galileo

<< With a company policy like that I will add Citroen to the infamous list of manufacturers who treat customers with contempt. (the others have been named a few times on here >>

Galileo, you may be jumping to conclusions. The company referred to may just be the local dealership, and it is likely to be a relatively inoffensive brush-off remark anyway. I'm sure you might find a part number from a Citroen user group online. That's where I can always find a Peugeot part number (CPUK member).

I take your point, but this behaviour by a salesman at a franchised dealer indicates poor management and training at that dealership. The manufacturer should have some responsibility for their dealerships, sadly this is not always the case as several posters have found.

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - _

I did and although not the best I just thought I needed more time to find the right setup and just thought millions sold can't be that bad , and maybe I still need a little more time to find the sweet spot but I'm just looking for alternatives.

Also I'm still looking around but just to clarify,

In the manual it's says that depending on which model the headrest should tilt back and forth which is the one I'm looking , I've Rand my Citroen dealer who say they can't give me a part number is the allowed ( company policy )

If a part was available from Rover Or Jaguar in my day, It was my responsibilty to sell that part.

IF and only IF it was no longer available as an aid to someone who wanted a particular part to keep a car going, then I would be willing to give a part number.

2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - Metropolis.
That is very short term thinking. In my line of work we still use the phrase ‘sprat to catch a mackerel’, invariably it pays off in the long run and the customer comes back to you with an actual order. If I find parts counter staff helpful, I will go back even if it is cheaper online. Sometimes it is actually me telling them the part number! But if I was met with a blanket refusal to give the part number I would avoid that place like the plague in future.
2017 Citroen grand c4 picasso - Headrest - _

So Dealerships do all the work so customer s "might" come back?

And those cheeky ones who wanted us to stamp the service books for warranty work after not servicing properly? Selling parts at retail is what I did and if I/we could help we would.

It's a two way street. Come to us and we will do our best, but we need to make a living..

Parts prices are set by the manufacturer. Some margins are low.

Edited by _ORB_ on 21/10/2020 at 10:28

Thanks for all the help and when I get a chance I'll look at the set up advice , as for the philosophical views with regards to part numbers I have my own opinion and £350 for a headrest seems OTT but not wishing to go down the long road of rights and wrongs of the situation there seems to be similarity to a situation I read about some time ago and if I remember it correctly it was about making white goods makers make it easier with regards to part numbers etc for us consumers to fix THERE OWN machines without the red tape from manufacturers.