What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda HRV upgrade the Infotainment system - Mmarsh1972

Hi

Doing alittle research on a new Urban SUV. One contender is the HR-V

One little niggling issue (and its not hugely important) is the fact the Infortainment system lacks Apple carplay on all the older revisions EXCEPT for the 2020 model which has finally included it.

Simple question, does anyone know if I were to buy say an older 2017 or 2018 car is it possible to upgrade the Infortainment system to the 2020 version that does?

(Yes I know there are after market products but I like OEM).

Honda HRV upgrade the Infotainment system - Ethan Edwards

No idea about Honda. I do know my Suzuki Vitara 1.4t allgrip auto has both Apple car play and Android Auto as standard. Its a late 2017 and is very firmly in the middle of your price range. Built in the EU its noted for reliability, comfort and the S model which I have is very well equipped. You'd best aim for an SZ-T or SZ5 version.

Honda HRV upgrade the Infotainment system - badbusdriver

Might be a simple question, but i don't think there is a simple answer!.

Looking at dashboard pictures of 2017 and 2020 HR-V's side by side, they look the same, so in theory, yes, you could fit the newer unit to the older car (assuming the wiring beneath hasn't changed). But, in order to do that, you'd have to buy one first. Two options here, either new from a dealer, which i'd imagine would be prohibively expensive (£1000+?), or from a breaker. Can't see there being many 2020 Honda HR-V's in breakers yet though!.

Honda HRV upgrade the Infotainment system - Kingpin

Less costly to buy an aftermarket head unit which provides Apple Car Play - Pioneer do some. £350 plus an adaptor for the facia and wiring loom. You might struggle to get the steering wheel controls to talk to it though.

Honda HRV upgrade the Infotainment system - Steveieb

Maybe we need an upgrade to the DAB reception out of town which renders many car systems cutting out due to poor signal reception.

Now that FM has been given a reprieve I’m glad to have this facility on my Audi Concert system. Great sound with strong reception and a CD player !

Sounds to me like a case of emporers new clothes ?