What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
DVLA - Getting a new logbook - _

www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-8789255/How...l

I know that it's from the Mail, but it'll help.

I have just received a letter that was posted 26 days ago...

so 5 days is not bad.

Edited by _ORB_ on 30/09/2020 at 19:08

DVLA - Getting a new logbook - Engineer Andy

Blame the Post Office, unless the address was wrong or unclear, unless...the date of the letter was 26 days ago, and the postmark was later or not there, which may indicate that there was a significant delay at the DVLA due to 'understaffing because of COVID restrictions'.

I'm sure that'll be the go-to excuse for all and sundry for the next year. Good organisations and firms sorted things out in a matter of days/weeks, many others have done anything meaningful in 6 months, or are just starting to because of public pressure after their failures were publicised.

DVLA - Getting a new logbook - Gibbo_Wirral

It took just over six weeks for my logbook to arrive.

Yet when I sent a letter asking for a replacement because it might have been lost in the post, they were quick to reply within 3 days asking for £25.

DVLA - Getting a new logbook - RT

I recently bought a second-hand car - the new logbook arrived within 9 days

DVLA - Getting a new logbook - Bolt

I recently bought a second-hand car - the new logbook arrived within 9 days

So did I, and got logbook in under 9 days, a first for me, usually takes several weeks..

DVLA - Getting a new logbook - Bromptonaut

It's been well trailed that while anything that is electronic is being done in normal timescales. On the other hand physical paper handling or anything involving human intervention/discretion is taking a lot longer due to problems making the Swansea building a COVID safe workplace.