New Car Supply Shortages Update - daveyK_UK
Colleague went to a Ford dealer yesterday to order a new Fiesta Titanium X , none in stock in any colour , earliest anticipated date December.

Then asked about a Focus, again none available new until late October.

New Kuga? December delivery.

Enquired on my behalf regarding a Grand Tourneo Connect, none available, right had drive builds not scheduled to be built until 2021, likely delivery date of May 2021.

In stock?
Ranger, Ranger raptor (think it’s the same with some extra body kit), mustang, Tourneo Courier, Puma and last of the old shape Kuga.
Very short supply Mondeo, Fiesta ST line, Galaxy, S Max and Tourneo Connect

New Car Supply Shortages Update - Engineer Andy

No surprise there - lots of highly manufactured products have been in short supply since lockdown.

New Car Supply Shortages Update - _

There are still a few Sportage 1.6 petrols around if anyone wants the 1 version, but all more than I paid.. Mine was £16821 nett.

New Car Supply Shortages Update - Zippy123

No surprise there - lots of highly manufactured products have been in short supply since lockdown.

True.

I need some work done in my house and the contractor just can't get the basic materials.

(Visit together to the trade supplier and I pay for delivery to my house. No money up front. For timber based products the delay can be up to six weeks for stuff usually available next day.)

True.

I need some work done in my house and the contractor just can't get the basic materials.

(Visit together to the trade supplier and I pay for delivery to my house. No money up front. For timber based products the delay can be up to six weeks for stuff usually available next day.)

Indeed. I've been waiting almost two weeks to have a new fridge delivered, with VERY few in stock. I've had to buy a load of plastic ice block and swap the from the fridge to the freezer and back again to keep the former cold and food from going off. Real fun.

I managed to get a new mobile phone whilst 85-90% of phones on certain websites (especially mobile phone service providers) were not available.

Good time to sell a car second hand though (if you've already got a decent preice new one ready to go or don't need one at all) - prices on the up.

New Car Supply Shortages Update - _

True.

I managed to get a new mobile phone whilst 85-90% of phones on certain websites (especially mobile phone service providers) were not available.

I Mangaed to get new mobile phones for next day delivery, over front door grp canopies in the normal delivery times, took what was available for new driveway and patio paving slabs, Round here (unusually for essex) booked builder in for 3 weeks time. A few phone calls is all it takes.

Got a picanto for a mate recently from MotorPoint for a mate delivery 3 working days.

Yes, times are difficult, but a bit of compromise and research does the trick unleaa you want a pink 6 wheel roller for lady penelope..

True.

I Mangaed to get new mobile phones for next day delivery, over front door grp canopies in the normal delivery times, took what was available for new driveway and patio paving slabs, Round here (unusually for essex) booked builder in for 3 weeks time. A few phone calls is all it takes.

Got a picanto for a mate recently from MotorPoint for a mate delivery 3 working days.

Yes, times are difficult, but a bit of compromise and research does the trick unleaa you want a pink 6 wheel roller for lady penelope..

To be fair, even Motorpoint has a serious shortage of stock - about a third of their normal level. It was the same for my new fridge and mobile phone - many sites have most of the stuff 'not available' or in short supply. I too was lucky with the phone that delivery was still as usual, but many sites has no stock of the alternatives I was looking at - especially at the cheaper end of the market.

The 'manufactured goods' I was talking about were ones with electronics in them (mainly made in China) and are normally in demand all year round. Building materials aren't so dependent on the Far East being open, but equipment certainly is - e.g. boilers, where they use Chinese-made electronics, motors, etc even if the boiler is assembled in the UK (which quite a lot are). A local plumber told me there were significant shortages of such things.

Don't forget that many plants were shut down for several months (or on limited output due to social distancing / having to be deep cleaned, etc) and thus stock has not been replenished much.

New Car Supply Shortages Update - Avant

It dpdends on whether you're hppy to have something that's in stock, either at the dealer or somewhere in the UK: dealers are usually happy to find them for you.

Clearly there aren't many Fords in stock anywhere (or else the dealer in question isn't trying very hard, which is always possible): on the other hand I had an Email from Poole Audi a few days ago with plenty of offers on cars in stock.

If you have to do a factory order, 3 to 4 months is quite normal. I remember ordering my Volvo V60 a few years ago at the same time as ordering a reproduction coffee table. Both were due to take 4 months. The Volvo arrived in 3 months; the coffee table took 5. You'd think it would have taken longer to make the Volvo.

New Car Supply Shortages Update - Ethan Edwards

There aren't any 4wd auto hybrid 1.4 Vitaras available either. Suzuki uk website stopped showing they make an auto vitara at all. Maybe they want you to buy an Across instead. Sorry I want what I want. Either sell me it or I won't bother. 27k thanks.