What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic - Panel fit - Halmerend
I’ve been looking for a 1 year old Civic with a relative this week. The panel fit, particularly the rear bumper, on some of the ones I’ve looked at has been pretty atrocious. Have I just been unlucky? Not a patch on my own German car.
Honda Civic - Panel fit - Oli rag
Can’t say I’ve ever looked that closely, but the back bumper with the black vents is a mess of a design. I would be surprised if they were all as bad as you say, what with honda’s quality reputation.

Don’t suppose all the cars you’ve looked at had been in a rear end shunt and been poorly repaired? That would be too much of a coincidence!
Honda Civic - Panel fit - Bolt

but the back bumper with the black vents is a mess of a design

IIRC they were more to make a lightweight bumper, as what look like vents were AFAIA solid without vent holes, some people drill vents later/buy them, but the body design is for airflow so you either like em or loath them

I haven't seen a bad fitting one yet, but wonder if comment was a moan at Honda and praising German which is common

Honda Civic - Panel fit - Halmerend
No not at all. Just surprised at how badly the panels met and wondered if this is indicative of other issues.
Honda Civic - Panel fit - Bolt
No not at all. Just surprised at how badly the panels met and wondered if this is indicative of other issues.

Only issues I know of is oil dilution on the 1.5 Turbo which I think has been cured with software update, which you would have to check on before buying, main dealer told me of this when I looked at one, even though its been known of for some time, mostly caused by not driving very far very often.

doesn't happen on the 1.0 turbo, which appears to be as good as the older engines, I know 2 people who have them and seem pleased with them so far, with economy as good as Honda state, though I`m not so sure being driven in my area which isn't known for economy ie very hilly

apart from that I have heard of people switching on the electric parking brake while driving, causing an error message on dash- which wont reset until ignition is switched off and restarted

Others may know better than me and can add or correct what I`ve said. happy hunting