What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - elekie&a/c doctor
A friend of mine’s son has a five year old Corsa with a faulty radio . Vauxhall dealer has quoted £1k plus to fix it ! They cannot be serious , surely. That represents about 25% of its value to get some music going .
Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - _

Some friends who have a Venga had the radio fail Kia price was silly money.

Halfords sony double din and facia all fitted for £225 ish including facia adaptor.

Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - badbusdriver

As well as going the aftermarket route, there is also the 2nd hand route. Here are some 2015 Caorsa radio's on Ebay,

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dcat=174119&_fsrp=1...E

Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - elekie&a/c doctor
These late model radios seem to be a known trouble area . Think we’ll go down the aftermarket route .
Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - craig-pd130

Doesn't surprise me, the Corsa E models have the 'desirable' touchscreen-integrated radio.

We had some minor body repairs done on our Corsa E a couple of years ago after a bumo, and the body shop owner mentioned that Vx replacement panels are as costly as those from BMW or Audi.

Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - catsdad

Our Corsa D had several shoddy details, some expensive to fix. A far from exhaustive list included wipers slapping the A pillar, once adjustment was to the max this had to be tolerated or a very expensive bill, seats collapsed as the internal wire framing was barely stronger than coat hangers, coilpacks sat in penetrating rainwater and were a consumable and HJ review cites the main heater control at over a grand to fix. Also it had recalls for handbrake mounting faults. Oh and there is a pinch bolt at the foot of the exposed steering column which is known to work loose. OK only a few quid to fix that one but indicative of the poor engineering

As most of the problems were carried forward from the Corsa C I am not surprised if the E also followed suit.

Vauxhall Corsa-e - How much to fix a radio on a Corsa? - craig-pd130

coilpacks sat in penetrating rainwater and were a consumable

Yes, still a problem on the Corsa E too (same coilpacks as on the Corsa D, so no surprise there). They seem to last about 3 years before failing, we've had two 1.4 petrol Corsa Es and both have had replacement units, one within warranty and one just outside..

I'm not sure how rainwater gets in past the plastic cover above the coils and the rubber boots sealing each spark plug well, but it still manages to.