What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - _

Price bumped up by £2500... (for a facelift!) Not such a bargain anymore for those who are buying new now.

1.0litre 3cyl auto only available in the old shape.

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - groaver

Subaru did it. Suzuki did it.

New cars are only going to get a lot dearer. :-(

Yep.. Kia deleted the 1 versions and put up the prices too.

I paid £16821 net for a Sportage 1 (wanted those 16" wheels!

Now cheapest deal I can find for a sportage 2 with metallic is £20495 after discount

retail is £24040.

OUCH!

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - Engineer Andy

Yep.. Kia deleted the 1 versions and put up the prices too.

I paid £16821 net for a Sportage 1 (wanted those 16" wheels!

Now cheapest deal I can find for a sportage 2 with metallic is £20495 after discount

retail is £24040.

OUCH!

They're nuts! I'd love to know how manufacturers and dealers think that jacking the prices up of an already VERY expensive item will endear them to customers more and get more sales, especially at the moment.

They'll learn, eventually - the hard way!

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - daveyK_UK

Price bumped up by £2500... (for a facelift!) Not such a bargain anymore for those who are buying new now.

No more auto?

No more auto?

Apparently (from one of the contributors on the mgrover.org forum,) there are a LOT of pre-facelift 1.0 litres all sitting at the docks, so they have to go first.

All the base models (Explore) have been dropped now.

MG3 ZS and HS

I just looked, The MG3 base model has gone and the excite is now £12200...

Edited by _ORB_ on 06/07/2020 at 18:25

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - Zippy123
Unfortunately car values in my head are stuck at 2005 prices! Everything seems expensive now!

A peugeot 208 base model starts at £17155 now. double ouch.!

Edited by _ORB_ on 06/07/2020 at 19:49

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - madf

|A new Honda Jazz is £22,000..

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - daveyK_UK
They will lose out on a significant amount of motability sales without an auto option and by pushing the prices up.

My local MG dealer seems to be very popular with motability; 3 of my relatives close neighbours who use the scheme currently have MG SUVs on their drive ways.
I can only assume they have an attractive Motability cost rate and the idea of buying a high seating position automatic with an MG badge ticks the boxes for a more mature physically impaired buyer.

As I said earlier, the auto is available, just that it is in the prefacelift model as according to someone in the know ? on the mgrover.org forum there are plenty on the dockside storage.

Everyone is waiting for the 1.3 t 3cylinder, but saic are being coy about when (if) it will come.

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - Falkirk Bairn

Subaru put the best part of £5000 on every new car prior to March 1st.

EU penalties for higher emissions + falling ££

Last month - June - there were 44 New Subaru cars registered - their average last year was roughly 250 per month - the year before their total was higher but they had some diesels then

44 /mth does not sustain a brand - Infiniti had bigger numbers and folded..

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - Brit_in_Germany

At a guess the price rises are due to the EU CO2 penalty scheme with fines of €95 per gram over 95 g/km. For a ZS outputting 155 g that is a fine of €5,700. Ouch.

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - Engineer Andy

Subaru put the best part of £5000 on every new car prior to March 1st.

EU penalties for higher emissions + falling ££

Last month - June - there were 44 New Subaru cars registered - their average last year was roughly 250 per month - the year before their total was higher but they had some diesels then

44 /mth does not sustain a brand - Infiniti had bigger numbers and folded..

Indeed - it's like the old 'tale' of why French cars were the safest on the road (because they were always broken down). Jacking up prices means not selling cars - which would mean less EU penalties, but it also means all that sales and service infrastructure is not being financed and profits not making its way to the HQ.

I can remember back in the 90s seeing LOADS of Scoobies on the road - now they are a really rare sight - I saw one the other day (the crossover, not the Impreza).

Even my own car's make - Mazda, weren'y selling anywhere near the numbers (before the lockdown) they were in the boom years of the early to mid 2000s, whilst most other makes had been doing well, especially competitors like Hyundai/KIA, who probably outsell them by a long way.

Don't see that many new Mazdas (especially Mazda2s and 3s) on the road since 5 years ago.I live reasonably near to three dealerships and still I don't see that many about.

Not helped by them 'going up-market', jacking prices up considerably but keeping those somewhat insipid engines that take up a lot of bonnet space and reduce interior/boot space, putting them at a distinct disadvantge over the competitors, even if they do look and handle great.

They also are nowhere near as good on tested CO2 emissions as their small-capacity turbo-petrol rivals, even if in real-world conditions the difference isn't anywhere near as great.

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - alan1302

Back in 2012 Mazda sold 124,000 cars in Europe, last year they sold 250,000.

https://carsalesbase.com/europe-mazda/

Doesn't sound like they are doing badly at all.

MG ZS 2020 - New MG ZS prices - mcb100
Getting enough cars to sell can be an issue for Mazda. No handy local production from a Sunderland or a Swindon, and production allocations for territories need to be booked a long way ahead.