What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Formula 1 innovation - John Boy

I don't watch F1, so I found this article by accident:

inews.co.uk/sport/formula-one/das-mercedes-f1-dual...7

Formula 1 innovation - Engineer Andy

Sounds like it is the new 'double diffuser'. Same team as well. If it's within the rules (apparently it won't be next year), then good for them, although unless the other teams can 'copy' it asap, what's left of this season will be a complete bore-fest.

Glad to see McLaren (and Norris in particular) doing well again. Hopefully the engine lasts this time...

Formula 1 innovation - Middleman

"they could not hide it any longer..."

So says the report.

Well they hardly needed to. It was revealed at the start of pre-season testing over four months ago. It was passed for use then (though outlawed from 2021). It's been available for inspection ever since and discussed in the press in the meantime. Red Bull decided to launch a protest at the start of this weekend (whilst admitting that their work on the same innovation was well advanced). That's F1 for you.

Formula 1 innovation - daveyK_UK
I was told Ferrari have been caught mixing fuel within the oil to get a faster burn rate?

Formula 1 innovation - Bolt
I was told Ferrari have been caught mixing fuel within the oil to get a faster burn rate?

I was told they did it the other way round, they are only allowed a certain oil burn rate, but Ferrari were controlling the amount of oil burn to their advantage so they were faster on the straight according to what I was told?

Formula 1 innovation - Middleman

Whatever Ferrari might have done makes no odds. They will find a way to have the matter dealt with without too much pain:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/02/28/fia-reaches-agreement-with-ferrari-after-power-unit-investigation/

"A statement issued on Friday by the sport’s governing body said: 'The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 power unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.'"

Formula 1 innovation - Engineer Andy

"they could not hide it any longer..."

So says the report.

Well they hardly needed to. It was revealed at the start of pre-season testing over four months ago. It was passed for use then (though outlawed from 2021). It's been available for inspection ever since and discussed in the press in the meantime. Red Bull decided to launch a protest at the start of this weekend (whilst admitting that their work on the same innovation was well advanced). That's F1 for you.

In other words, sour grapes that they didn't get to the punch first...apparently Red Bull knew about it and was originally going to protest at the first GP of the year, then decided not to following the lockdowns and race cancellations caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.