Ford grand cmax. - honda crv - What's best - tbg

Hello all

I have another post about the honda CRV .

But on this post I wondered what people thought about spending £10k on a ford grand c max 1.5 diesel that's about 3.5 years old or a honda CRV that's nearly six years old . Not so much about the cars as such more about reliability and general running costs over the next few years

Ford grand cmax. - honda crv - What's best - ManYad

I made a similar choice a few years back between a 3 year old Astra and a 7 year old Corolla. I went for the corolla, used is for 4 years, and the only reason i sold it was because my wife got an auto license and had to replace. No issues with the corolla in those 4 years at all. So i believe it all depends on how long you need to keep the car. CRVs have a good long term history (i got a 5 year old last month - petrol auto).

Ford grand cmax. - honda crv - What's best - Falkirk Bairn

Do not buy an Powershift auto from Ford.

Same story as the VW DSG failures.lots of out of warranty failures.

Ford grand cmax. - honda crv - What's best - badbusdriver

Thought i recognised this thread and looking back i found one from you at the beginning of March asking pretty much the same question. Only difference was an S-Max rather than a Grand C-Max being compared to a CR-V.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/134602/ford-honda--

The general opinion then was pretty much the same as what i'm imagining you will be told now, buy the CR-V (unless of course you need 7 seats). In the case of the C-Max, i'm not sure what you find more appealing about one of them than an S-Max apart from, in theory*, slightly lower fuel consumption. But bear in mind, the 1.6 diesel Grand C-Max uses the same engine discussed in another of your threads, from the beginning of Feb, regarding the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/134137/citroen-c4-...d

*This of course depends on reliability and i'd expect a diesel S-Max to be more reliable overall than a diesel Grand C-Max which would offset the higher fuel consumption.

But i fear you will, at some point, have to bite the bullet and make a decision!