What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Geneva - No more Motor show? - _

When I lived in Geneva, We always got free tickets for the show from our Boss.

For many years when visiting youngroverbelles and friends I continued to go. (two birds with one stone stuff)

Now, for the next year there will be no show, and their is not a lot of chance that the remaining manufacturers will continue in the future. (I missed this year, because of the situation and hesitated before booking tickets.) So I didn't actually lose anything.

But sad all the same.

Geneva - No more Motor show? - Engineer Andy

I suspect there'll be a lot less international events like this is the next few years, even if we somehow manage to find a cure or viable vaccine for the beer bug. This events must cost a small fortune to put on, and for the most part we can't test drive anything, and thus could wait a month or three until said cars reach the showrooms.

I always liked the 'motor show' at Canary Wharf in London when I was working nearby - free for visitors, very informal, and test drives on some cars were allowed - great for people like me on a lunch break!

Geneva - No more Motor show? - Stackman II

This is very sad news. The Geneva Motor Show was an iconic event which featured so many notable debuts over the decades.

Always used to go to the NEC and Earls Court shows but the continental shows always seemed far more exotic.

We went to the Geneva show last year and a couple of years before then. As a petrol head for many years it felt like a pilgrimage to actually be walking the halls under the lights and seeing so much amazing machinery. For years I had marvelled at the concept cars by Sbarro and to be able to walk round their stand was an outstanding memory.

This year we opted to got to Barcelona for the F1 winter test instead and heard about the cancellation of this years show while we were in Spain.

We will miss our boys-own drive through France to a little town in the Jura mountains north of Geneva and the dice with death over the snow-covered Col de la Faucille in the morning.