Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel year 2016 - clutch judder - Bluesriff7

my mate has got clutch judder on his kia sportage, only happens now and again,

when its cold or damp conditions . the vehicle has done 50,000 miles.

has this vehicle got a dual mass flywheel?

Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel year 2016 - clutch judder - Gibbo_Wirral

Take it into Kia.

My OH's had a similar clutch problem, it turned out to be a known oil leak issue dripping and getting into the clutch due to a bad seal. They fixed the leak and replaced the clutch under warranty.

Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel year 2016 - clutch judder - Bluesriff7

Ok thanks for that. He’s going to take it in to see what they have to say about it.

Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel year 2016 - clutch judder - thunderbird

When the bought the Focus TDCi late 2005 all was well but after about 9 months the clutch would judder first thing in the morning when pulling off the drive and then when pulling out of the street (if we had to stop), after that no issues until the next morning. Reported it to the garage who reported no other car had been seen with similar issues but with no slip and it changing gear fine they felt they could not justify stripping it down, possibly at my expense. So we agreed that they would not it should it get worse out of warranty (think it was very limited on clutches but the DMF was not considered a wearing part).

Drove the car for the next 12 years and it carried on doing exactly the same but it was only in the winter months and then only on damp/wet days. Still had the original clutch/flywheel when it was sold with over 120,000 miles on the clock.

Really pleased I did not spend money on it, must have been a condensation thing I guess.

Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel year 2016 - clutch judder - Lrac

Not unusual for any car to have a slight clutch judder first thing especially if it is left outside. You only have to glance at the brake discs to see how quickly surface rust forms. the flywheel can also develop surface rust which will be displace after a few minutes of use.

With regard to rear main bearing oil seal leakage does anyone know if Kia use those "new neoprene" ( may not actually be neoprene) seals without the spring inside of them ? there have been report of problems with cars that do use these seals