What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Garage advice please - Cozzy1

Hi I'm really new to driving so just need some advice.

Someone went into the front of my car 2 weeks back, the repair garage has picked it up (they drove it there) it was driving fine when I was using it. An hour later they called me and said the guy has just come back but your clutch has gone and they worked out how much it's going to cost me, but do I just take their word for it? The only thing is I agreed to it so I know I will probably have to pay it but is there absolutely anything I can do or not? Some people have told me they could be making it up etc, I'm so stuck on what rights I have, if there is any?

Honda Jazz - Garage advice please - Palcouk

A clutch can fail at anytime, the fact it was OK one minute and failed later is what it is.

You can always decline to have the clutch repaired

Honda Jazz - Garage advice please - concrete

I would go and see them. Determine If the clutch has failed or is simply slipping and ready for replacement. If failed you are a bit stuck for transporting the car. If not then you can drive it to another repairer if you wish. If you don't trust your current repairer that is a pity if you are stuck but if not a good recommended independent repairer will do the job properly. It is for you to actually meet them and see what you feel about them. Ask around about them for reviews, but go and meet them and you may get a feel for how they are. Good luck.

Cheers Concrete