What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka - Ford KA 2016 MAP Sensor Issues - NotQuiteSureWhatToPutHere

Hi,

I have a 2016 Ford KA, about 6 weeks ago the check engine light came on with fault codes:

• P0105

• P0106

• P0101

We removed the MAP sensor and discovered it was coated in oil so cleaned it, reset the fault codes and it was fine.

Today, the same fault codes appeared and the car went into limp home mode, once again the same fault codes are present and the MAP sensor is covered in oil again.

The air filter and piping is dry, there's no cracks in any of the housings and the only place we can see oil is on the valve of the throttle body.

Does anyone have idea where the oil might be coming from and what the issue might be?

Thanks

Ford Ka - Ford KA 2016 MAP Sensor Issues - elekie&a/c doctor
Bit more info would help . What engine is fitted to this car ?

1.2L Petrol Engine

That's good, so we are talking Fiat 500 engine. Do you know if the engine has the correct grade oil fill?

Yep has been serviced at a Ford garage every year

A light coating of oil would be considered normal . Excess oil may be the result of a problem with the engine crankcase breather system .

Ford Ka - Ford KA 2016 MAP Sensor Issues - Railroad.

Excessive oil in the air intake could be due to worn piston rings or cylinder bores. This could be the case if the car is very low mileage and only ever been used for short trips with a cold engine. A vacuum gauge would help to diagnose this.

The engine could also be over-filled with oil, in which case drain some off and fill to the correct level.

Ford Ka - Ford KA 2016 MAP Sensor Issues - jc2

Yep has been serviced at a Ford garage every year

My local Ford dealer does not use Ford oil but uses Shell but at least uses the right grade.

Ford Ka - Ford KA 2016 MAP Sensor Issues - Machul

Hello I have the same bug in my Ford KA - did you fix the fault

Ford Ka - Ford KA 2016 MAP Sensor Issues - edlithgow

Maybe consider fitting one or more catch cans in the crankcase ventilation path.