What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
More Transit custom and transit security woes - daveyK_UK

Widespread issue of thief's punching a hole in the side of the doors giving access to the latch

Ford not interested

It took ford nearly 4 years to upgrade the lock design fault , the dealers response to this latest design issue is to recommend a 3rd party shield supplied and fitted independenly at owners cost.

More Transit custom and transit security woes - gordonbennet

You'd think by now the maker would realise that a certain group find Transit to be the perfect vehicle whether they own it or not, and design them to suit, maybe they sell more units due to the very fact some owners never need to visit the parts dept once they've got hold of one for themselves, finding all parts conveniently left parked on dark streets and industrial estates.

More Transit custom and transit security woes - Brit_in_Germany

Maybe instead of just fitting a plate they should try reactive armour as fitted to tanks.

More Transit custom and transit security woes - bazza

Really like the size of the Transit custom and it was on my list until I read about these security problems plus there's been a huge problem with injectors on the 2,0 units, which again took a while to sort, if indeed it has. We have a 10 year old focus, which has been a superb car, but not sure I'd risk another one, on their current performance.

More Transit custom and transit security woes - elekie&a/c doctor
This is not just a Transit issue . It affects all vehicles where there is a possibility of expensive equipment being onboard . Don’t think many vehicles can sustain an attack from an angle grinder . One aspect that Ford have improved, is that if the drivers door is attacked, it doesn’t automatically unlock the other doors .

They knew about the drivers door lock issue within a month of the vehicle going on sale in Germany; it took them over 4 years to change the production - not good enough.

The larger transit range (custom and full transit) has turned into expensive unreliable headaches for owners; the situation is not helped by the poor build quality from the Turkish fsctory. Paint work quality can differ considerably on identical vans, fit and finish differs considerably on identical spec vans.

Too many common expensive faults , too many expensive design issues that ford publically refuse to acknowledge and own, too many poorly built products.

Ford commercial division has gone down the pan in terms of reliability and quality.

I have come to the conclusion the only reason the Transit connect and Transit courier don't share the same problems is due to the amount of parts they share with the car division of the business, they avoid most of the junk that is unique to the bigger vehicles in the commercial range.

More Transit custom and transit security woes - bazza

Appreciate all vans are vulnerable to violent attack but ford do seem to have been very tardy addressing the locks issue. Otherwise the custom is said to be a fine driving van, and a good alternative to VW offerings.

Don't get me wrong, the custom is the best van to drive of its size

But there's far too many issues with the custom and full size transit

The Peugeot Expert/ Vauxhall Vivaro / Citroen Dispatch / Toyota ProAce drive nearly as well but are proving to be better built, far more reliable and more durable .

Ford quality control at its Turkish commercial plants is shocking

More Transit custom and transit security woes - Ethan Edwards

Transit eh? Turkeys finest produce.