What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta zetec - Central locking - Taffy13

Have recently bought my mrs a 2004 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec and the central locking isn't working

It is NOT remote only key activated

Motors are all working fine

Fuse is not in as when I put in the fuse the doors all lock but then unlock straight away

Door ajar light is always lit on the dashboard and interior light doesn't go out unless I turn it out.

Doors open and lock ok on the key

Thanks for any help or advice

Ford fiesta zetec - Central locking - elekie&a/c doctor
One or more of your door latches is faulty. If the system sees an open door , the central locking will not operate correctly . The fact that the door open light is displayed, is an indication of a problem.

Thank you for the reply. Will have to check them all out. So is that a full door strip down to get at the door latches

Edited by Taffy13 on 10/12/2019 at 15:07

Ford fiesta zetec - Central locking - elekie&a/c doctor
Access to the door latches is not easy on these. The complete guts of the door , including the window mechanism needs to be removed . A better plan would be for a workshop to check the info in the gem module , to find out which door is at fault .

Thankyou again. My mates going to run the diagnostic on it tomorrow up his workshop and then hopefully I will have it sorted. Hope you have an awesome week