What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 Ford KA collection 1.3 - 2002 Ford KA radio not picking up any stations - Lewis collier

Can somebody please advise on what the problem might be or what I need to check to see what's going on, I've just bought a 02 plate ford KA for a cheap run about and realised the CD works fine but when switched back to AM/FM it doesn't pick up anything and completely silent no hissing or crackling when I stop it seeking like it's completely dead, not touched it yet or pulled anything out so would like to know if anyone knows why its not tuning in to any station or band? The Ariel seems ok but again I've not checked connections etc....

2002 Ford KA collection 1.3 - 2002 Ford KA radio not picking up any stations - elekie&a/c doctor
I would pull the radio out to check if the aerial is connected , but as there is no hissing on any am or fm station , the I think the radio is at fault . Not repairable, but plenty available s/ hand , or fit something else .
2002 Ford KA collection 1.3 - 2002 Ford KA radio not picking up any stations - Lewis collier
I would pull the radio out to check if the aerial is connected , but as there is no hissing on any am or fm station , the I think the radio is at fault . Not repairable, but plenty available s/ hand , or fit something else .

Ok thanks I will pull it out and have a look at Connections but like you said it would make some kind of noise and I've turned the volume to the max and its completely silent but soon as I change it to CD it works fine so I might just buy one off ebay they only 25 quid and see what that does, does you know if the aerial could be at fault? And if so what can be done if that's broken?