What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Ford Fiesta TDCI 1.4 55 plate, failing to start - Gowingnator

Hey guys, thought I'd try this forum as getting no luck else where!

For about 3 weeks now my car turns over (nearly first time) but then cuts out and doesn't start up again.

It sits at just under 1000 revs, rough idling, then cuts out. Only way to then get it starting is by turning the key while finding the biting point and it SOMETIMES starts! That or I start the car up first time and start pulling away immediately, which I HATE doing!

I've had the car carbon cleaned (there's so much carbon around the engine) and codes read, no faults other than a clutch sensor.

I've read somewhere it may either be too much oil or MAP sensor issue! But who knows.

Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem.

Ford Fiesta - Ford Fiesta TDCI 1.4 55 plate, failing to start - elekie&a/c doctor

Common rail diesel engines are super critical on engine cranking speed and adequate fuel pressure . Have you had these items tested?

Ford Fiesta - Ford Fiesta TDCI 1.4 55 plate, failing to start - Gowingnator

I haven't no. But not sure if this has anything to do with it. imgur.com/gallery/bNXhyPx

Hose marked with arrow came out couple weeks back and believe since then it's had trouble starting.

Apparently the hose goes into the cambelt cover and into the inlet manifold. Which would explain the oil in the pictures, because it doesn't go into the inlet manifold!

Hose is from the MAP sensor on the back of the air box.