What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Titanium X hatchback 2ltr 2012 reg - ABS driver assist - joewright

Driver assist setting shows ticked in box / sign on dash window shows car symbol with OFF below, I have tried several ways to change so it will show ON at the dash no joy as yet, plus I have noticed when applying the footbrake it feels as though the brakes are 'grabbing' and releasing quickly

Ford Focus Titanium X hatchback 2ltr 2012 reg - ABS driver assist - elekie&a/c doctor
Not too sure what you are trying to do . You may be able to switch off the traction / esp system, but you certainly can’t switch off the abs system.
Ford Focus Titanium X hatchback 2ltr 2012 reg - ABS driver assist - joewright

thanks for your response, I have now found I was giving wrong info' the symbol on the dash with OFF underneath is Traction control. The other similair symbol is [Stability control] on the dash. The reason that set me off is when braking more than light braking there is a pulsing feeling through the pedal as if the brakes are applying and releasing very quickly. I am starting to think that it is some other fault ,maybe even mechanical , the car was M.O.T at the end of March Thanks anyway, sorry for confusing you.

Ford Focus Titanium X hatchback 2ltr 2012 reg - ABS driver assist - galileo

thanks for your response, I have now found I was giving wrong info' the symbol on the dash with OFF underneath is Traction control. The other similair symbol is [Stability control] on the dash. The reason that set me off is when braking more than light braking there is a pulsing feeling through the pedal as if the brakes are applying and releasing very quickly. I am starting to think that it is some other fault ,maybe even mechanical , the car was M.O.T at the end of March Thanks anyway, sorry for confusing you.

The pulsing at the pedal is ABS operating. Shouldn't normally happen unless braking very hard or on a loose/slippery surface. Get it checked at a trusted MOT garage.

Ford Focus Titanium X hatchback 2ltr 2012 reg - ABS driver assist - Energyman
A pulsing feeling from the brake pedal could also be warped discs?.
Ford Focus Titanium X hatchback 2ltr 2012 reg - ABS driver assist - galileo
A pulsing feeling from the brake pedal could also be warped discs?.

That could be it, in which case new discs is a simple fix, I thought it unlikely with an MOT pass in March but may have warped since then.

I once had a Peugeot which had the symptoms of warped discs or oval rear drums. Replaced discs and had drums skimmed, then discovered the alloy wheels were distorted and they bent the rear drums when you tightened the wheel studs: until you did that no run-out or ovality at all.

Edited by galileo on 09/06/2019 at 14:19