What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Corsa E (2016) - Steering Wheel Airbag Cover - Is this a big job? - Jack Marak

www.dropbox.com/s/ak2ijmb6o7khhm6/IMG_20190405_075...0

Hi all,

I'm not the best with cars. The link above shows my steering wheel.

I've managed to split the leather on the front of the Airbag Cover over time.

I can get a replacement from eBay for around £60 delivered. This doesn't include a new airbag as I don't need one, it's just the cover.

My question is, is it a big job to take the airbag out of the old cover and put it in the new one?

The car goes back in July and I'm worried it will get flagged.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Corsa E (2016) - Steering Wheel Airbag Cover - Is this a big job? - elekie&a/c doctor
The cover is part of the airbag. It is not a replaceable part . You will need another airbag.

Thank you for the reply.

Really? Is there no way to put the airbag into a new cover then? Why are they sold on their own?

Corsa E (2016) - Steering Wheel Airbag Cover - Is this a big job? - elekie&a/c doctor
Perhaps you can . Usually the cover is bonded to the airbag frame . Is it possible that it can be fixed by one of those smart repair firms?

I can't find a Youtube video or anything of the strip down which is annoying.

My best bet is asking a garage but I was hoping maybe someone who's done it before could shed some light.

How about this ? But disconnect battery first.m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwNPbk21pBo

I saw this one, it only shows the airbag still connected to the cover unfortunately.

Even if the cover can be replaced, the airbag needs to be removed.