Ford Fiesta Freestyle - Whirring/Propeller sound when accelerating - Alex Minnis

My little Ford Fiesta Freestyle recently passed it MOT and is in pretty good nick

However

I have noticed recently that it makes a noise when the acceleration increases. The sound can be best described as a whirring or propeller sound (not the best description but you might get an idea). This sounds increases with the speed but being an old car its at its best at 70 mph.

Everything seems to be fine in terms of the coolant, oil, etc.

I am useless with cars and haven't got a clue and scanning through the forums.

It it s not incredibly loud and pretty subtle but the more the accelartion goes up the noiser it can get.

Any ideas?

Ford Fiesta Freestyle - Whirring/Propeller sound when accelerating - daveyjp
Could be a wheel bearing. My car passed an MOT in early October last year, by the end of October and service time a wheel bearing was starting to fail.

Jack the car and remove each wheel in turn, spin the hub and listen for a grinding noise.
Ford Fiesta Freestyle - Whirring/Propeller sound when accelerating - Alex Minnis

There was a note on the Monitor/Repair section that stated:

"Wheel bearing has slight offisde rear"

So would that be related therefore?

Think either way definetly take it to the garage but wanted to try and ascertain what it was before.

Thank you for your help Daveyjp!

Ford Fiesta Freestyle - Whirring/Propeller sound when accelerating - elekie&a/c doctor
How many of these Fiestas do you have ? You posted the same problem earlier this morning? At 09:44.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 23/02/2019 at 13:55