Corsa D 1.3 ecoflex - Engine issue - Connor Dolan
Hi

i have a 1.3 diesel 2013 and I’m having a bit of trouble with the engine. First of all once it’s driving for about 10 minutes, sometimes longer/sooner the noise off the engine changes completely. It turns into a more rough noise and when going up the revs there’s like a squeal noise, when this is happening it’s drinks the fuel.. once I turn the engine off the cooling fans will come on for around 5 minutes then power down, took it to a mechanic and he said it was the temperature control sensor and replaced it. That helped for maybe about a week but the noise returned. Hasn’t been using any more coolant than usual.
Corsa D 1.3 ecoflex - Engine issue - 3uga

You have to use a diagnostic tool as soon as the problems apear.
From what youre describing, the squeling noise might be from something making a heavy load on the engine. Maybe worn bearing on the alternator, even a puley.
However, there is the posibility that the noise may be caused by the turbo. As the oil gets hot, it gets thin to the point that any play in the turbo shaft wil be noticed. These engines have a problem with failing turbos. A turbo the spits out oil could cause dpf blockage wich is why you hear fans running. Excesive regeneration will damage the turbo on its own.

Corsa D 1.3 ecoflex - Engine issue - elekie&a/c doctor

The symptoms you describe ,are all part of the Dpf regeneration process. You need to get the engine oil level checked ,and if found to be over the max mark, get the oil and filter replaced and the engine management system interrogated for any fault codes relating to dpf system. Also check operation of the glow plug system.