What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - privateinvestor

JUst purchased some 0w20 from Shell 5L, discovered there are 3 different versions of 0w20: one is for JLR, the other for VW/Audi and also a spec for Volvo. My Honda Jazz as told by the dealer says we use 0w20...does it really matter which one i use....

Thank you

HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - daveyjp
There are probably more than three 0w20 oils. I can think of 5.

Mineral
semi synth
Synthetic
Diesel
Low sulphur diesel

I suspect the Jazz will use fully synth petrol spec.
HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - RT

Viscosity and ACEA grade are what separates similar oils - you know you need 0W-20 viscosity so find out what ACEA standard that Honda require and use that.

HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - Falkirk Bairn

www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/mobil-1-esp-0w2.../

HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - bubsqueaker

I use Petronas 0w-20 in my 1.8 Civic and 1.33 Auris. It's grade is API SN, fully synthetic, which I believe is the highest currently available regarding the API standard (American Petroleum Institute). I've alwsys gone by the API classification and never had any issues regarding oil. Both cars run fine on it, you can get it for £25--35 online, such as eBay.

HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - focussed

When I bought my 2007 2.2 diesel Civic new, the oil spec was 5w-30 synthetic - Castrol Edge etc. Honda then changed the spec to 0-30 in about 2008.

The reason given for the spec change was economy and emissions.

I used to do intermediate oil changes between dealer services so duly went to 0w-30. I noticed that it would use about half a litre of 0w-30 between changes, whereas running 5w-30 it wouldn't use any.

HOnda Jazz 1.4 ivtec 2013 - Engine oil - SLO76

When I bought my 2007 2.2 diesel Civic new, the oil spec was 5w-30 synthetic - Castrol Edge etc. Honda then changed the spec to 0-30 in about 2008.

The reason given for the spec change was economy and emissions.

I used to do intermediate oil changes between dealer services so duly went to 0w-30. I noticed that it would use about half a litre of 0w-30 between changes, whereas running 5w-30 it wouldn't use any.

I wonder if this was related to the increasingly frequent cases of timing chain and turbocharger issues Honda were having with this engine. It was their first home grown diesel design and very much a learning curve.