What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
The Ford Focus minibus - badbusdriver

Beggars belief. I shudder to think what would have happened in the event of an accident, particularly those in the footwells. Should have been banned for life.

The Ford Focus minibus - gordonbennet

Not so long ago we wouldn't have thought anything of it, kids babies especially regularly travelled sat on laps, workmen sat in the back of pick-ups or builders vans.

Quite why they issued a night time curfew for the chap is a mystery, but for some reason this bloke really got up the noses of those magistrates, the punishment is way over the top considering no kittens or children (won't anyone think of them, sob) were hurt during this episode.

The Ford Focus minibus - S40 Man

As a general rule no-one gets hurt when cars speed, jump red lights, or are piloted by drunk drivers or a driver not wearing a seatbelt, that doesn't mean that's these things are a good idea. Same for overloading a car like this.

4 seats plus driver should be a maximum for a focus. Seems obvious to me?

The Ford Focus minibus - alan1302

Not so long ago we wouldn't have thought anything of it, kids babies especially regularly travelled sat on laps, workmen sat in the back of pick-ups or builders vans.

Very true...they also died in preventable accidents...and especially in the case of kids who have no say in the matter I'm glad the law changed

The Ford Focus minibus - bathtub tom

I confess to getting about fifteen of us and a barrel of beer in the back of an Austin Maxi. It was closing time and the party had run out of beer, so a number had volunteered to go to the village local down the road to negotiate for supplies. They all cadged a lift back.

It was only a few hundred yards and I think local 'plod' was amongst them. Couldn't shut the tailgate, but fortunately I wasn't drinking.

The Ford Focus minibus - argybargy

When I was a teenager I played a lot of rugby. Three or four of us, depending who was available, would travel to the games in the back of my mate's older brother's Robin Reliant van. Completely unrestrained, great joy being taken by the driver in ping ponging us around the inside of the car as he negotiated roundabouts on one-and-a half wheels.

Years later when I was in the fire service we were called to the aftermath of an accident involving a Reliant, where the only recognisable piece of the vehicle remaining was the engine. The fibreglass body had virtually exploded on impact, and it was a powerful illustration of just how potentially dangerous those trips to our Saturday afternoon rugby exertions had been.

Edited by argybargy on 04/12/2018 at 23:36