Peugeot 207SW Mazda 3 - Space saver spare - Steveieb
Looking to find space savers for the above cars.
The Peugeot is 2008 and the Mazda is 2015

Any idea how I can find the right wheel to buy and are there any non main dealer options to consider eg EBay ?
Peugeot 207SW Mazda 3 - Space saver spare - badbusdriver

The Peugeot has a 4x108 bolt pattern, 65.1 centre bore, and an offset of 18

The Mazda is 5x114.3, 67.1, and 50.

Ebay is the obvious place to look,

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-208-2008-3008-C...6

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-3-MAZDA-6-2013-2018-125-8...6

You could almost certainly find cheaper ones if buying 2nd hand, particularly if you look up which other cars share the same bolt pattern, centre bore and offset (the offset does not need to be exactly the same, just fairly close, but the bolt pattern and centre bore do)

Peugeot 207SW Mazda 3 - Space saver spare - Engineer Andy

Bear in mind that the Mazda 3's spare wheel and tyre fits into a special housing - I'm not sure just buying the wheel/tyre means it'll fit snugly in the underboot area - it may need a polystyrene fitment as well, which is why Mazda may be charging the extortionate £395 for the 'kit' when bought as an optional extra when new.

On the Mazda3 forum, a member there said they source a genuine 'kit' from the continent for about £50 - £75 less - presumably the same item from their Belgian parts centre minus the dealer's mark-up. Still blimmin' expensive when compared to many other makes though, especially when some offer full sized spares as a no-cost option to a space-saver, which itself only costs £100 - £150.

Peugeot 207SW Mazda 3 - Space saver spare - Andrew-T
Looking to find space savers for the above cars. The Peugeot is 2008 and the Mazda is 2015

Why do you need a space-saver for a Pug 207SW? There's a 50mph 50psi spare in the wheel-well under the boot floor, with the jack etc in the centre ? Has it been nicked?

Edited by Andrew-T on 28/11/2018 at 15:51

Our Peugeot has a can of sealant in the spare wheel area Andrew.

I thought you were talking about a Peugeot 2008 not a (2008) 207SW!. Here is a space saver on Ebay,

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-207-64-REG-SPACE-SAVER-...0

Steve - my 2008 Pug 207SW has always had a spacesaver wheel (50psi) so I assumed yours would too. It was ex-rental, so I guess your original owner may have asked for something different.

Thanks for all your help Badbusdriver and Andrew.
Checked with my dealer and because the car has steel wheels the space allocated will take a full size steel wheel 165/65/15.

Can you take a look for a secondhand spare steel wheel off eBay please ..

Cheers
Sorry it should read 185/65/15

Cheers
.. because the car has steel wheels the space allocated will take a full size steel wheel 165/65/15. Can you take a look for a secondhand spare steel wheel off eBay please ..

Steve, are you particularly looking for a full-size wheel, not a spacesaver? If so, why? I have never needed to use mine in 10 years, tho I do remember to check its pressure very occasionally .... If I did need to use it, I would have the damaged wheel repaired soon-as, so I don't mind what the spare looks like. I'm sure you are as good as anyone else to look on E-bay ....

This is the cheapest used one on Ebay.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-207-15-inch-Spare-Steel...0