What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - galileo

My son's mate has a Ka which has a box under the driver's seat with wires going into it, he says it fills all the space underneath. Does anyone know what this is, as his Ford Dealer doesn't (no surprise to me!). I wondered if it is airbag controls?

Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - Galaxy

The fact that the Ford Dealer doesn't know what this box is makes me wonder whether it's an Insurance Box which monitors the driver's behaviour. Not necessarily installed by or for your mate's son but perhaps for a previous owner?

Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - elekie&a/c doctor

Very probably the connection block for the seat airbag system. There is also one under the passenger seat.

Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - Gibbo_Wirral

Very probably the connection block for the seat airbag system. There is also one under the passenger seat.

I'd also go with this. Peugeots have something similar to protect the wiring connectors from feet.

Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - Andrew-T

What? Filling all the space underneath?

Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - Shifty Geezer

I have one of those insurance boxes. It plugs straight into the OBD port under the steering wheel.

Ford Ka - Box under driver's seat - Dorset123

If it is the Titanum model (or some of the limited edition models) it will be the base box for the sound system.