Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - Mscmp
Hi
I brought a Vauxhall Astra 4 weeks ago from a used car dealer.
Within a 3/4 days I had a engine message saying the coolant was low.
So I took it to my mechanic he said to just fill it up with coolant which I did. Within a few days the engine message came up again.
So I emailed the dealer and explain to them what happened and also The fact that water was somehow getting into the door and I had a bucket load of water after one night of heavy rainfall.
So I took the car back to the dealer and they took the car to mechanic to fix the issues they changed the coolant tank and told me they will do the door another day.
So within a week the collant message came back and then the key started getting stuck in engine when turning the car off. Also the car one morning decided to just cut out in a middle of a traffic jam and didn’t come back on for 2-3 mins.
So last Thursday i dropped the car back. Asked for a refund as I feel the car is unroadworthy They obviously declined and said it’s minor faults and I was fighting for 2 hours and then left the car with them.
On Tuesday i picked up the car and today 2 days later the collant message has come up again. So I have called them and of course they want me to drop the car back. Again. This isn’t a option as I have two small kids. I Explaind to them I can’t be going there weekly with faults. What do I do now? Do I have any rights for a refund?? I was told to do a small court claim.
Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - RT

Your rights for a refund are likely to expire after 30 days, so about now.

Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - KJP 123

I would like to see what the more knowledgeable members have to say.

The car may have faults but I am not sure that they make it unroadworthy so maybe not a good line of legal pursuit.

The seller has rights to remedy a defect; you can’t get your garage to fix it and send them the bill.

A small claims court action will take time. What do you do for a car in the meantime? Maybe you could claim for costs of repair but usage would seem to make a refund unlikely.

Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - Palcouk

Presumably not a Vaux dealer?

The vehicle was sold with a pre-existing fault (coolant) which they have been unable to rectify. Rights to a refund are for 30 days, you have probably gone past that. See if trading Standards will help/advise. Perhaps pay a third party for a vehicle inspection/report to asertain what is wrong with it and what needs repairing

Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - Brit_in_Germany

The 30 day period exteds when it is returned to the seller for repair work though.

Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - 72 dudes

The 30 day period exteds when it is returned to the seller for repair work though.

Agreed. The dealer has had several chances to fix it. There's still a problem.

In theory this gives grounds for rejection under the CRA.

Not sure from what OP is saying whether it's a coolant leak issue or just an erroneous message on the display? If the latter, then probably no grounds for rejection.

A chat with CAB is worth having.

Vauxhall Astra 2014 - Used car purchased-faults - dealership not refundi - SLO76
How old is it and how much did it cost?