What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus MK1 2002 1.8 zetec Estate Facelift - Fitting a leisure battery - Bob Neivens

I want to fit an auxiliary (leisure) battery in the boot of my vehicle. It would be easier and less intrusive if I could get it in the engine bay but alas that would be too much to ask so , boot it is. Anyone fitted one in any estate. Not just my car. I'd like some tips or advice as this is the biggest electrical project i've attempted on a car. I'm using a fridge/cooler for fishing trips and as I fish on my own in some pretty remote places I need to know my car will start and keep my bait (and my food) nice and fresh.

Ford Focus MK1 2002 1.8 zetec Estate Facelift - Fitting a leisure battery - elekie&a/c doctor

Not a difficult job.You will need to either fabricate or buy a battery box and secure it to the rear of the car. For the wiring hook up you will need a split charge kit. something like this will do the job;www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMPER-VAN-SELF-SWITCHING-VOLTA...T