What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
3.0 D - Jaguar XF reliability - David Tighe

Thought I'd share this tale of woe while my car sits at Guy Salmon in Bristol. Its been there since 18th June & not a word from them. First of all though a bit of history: Back in December 2015 I kept getting a warning saying "Park Brake Fault" - to cut a longish story short it seems that Jaguar positioned the brake computer below the tube from the windscreen wash fluid bottle. When this leaked, water dripped on to the brake computer - Jaguar did pay the entire bill - over £1000. Hartwells were very proactive & contacted Jaguar on my behalf. Well last Monday (18th June 2018) I was driving to work & every warning message you can think of came up & the car died. It was carried to Guy Salmon in Bristol. I shall add the rest of the story as it happens. Does anyone have similar experience

3.0 D - Jaguar XF reliability - RobJP

The XF was originally introduced in 2008. Meaning your car could have been virtually new at the first fault, and thus 2.5 years old now, or it could now be 10 years old.

If you want a history of what people have reported as faults with the car, then they'll be in the 'reviews' section, under 'what's good/bad'.

3.0 D - Jaguar XF reliability - badbusdriver

The XF was originally introduced in 2008. Meaning your car could have been virtually new at the first fault, and thus 2.5 years old now, or it could now be 10 years old.

If you want a history of what people have reported as faults with the car, then they'll be in the 'reviews' section, under 'what's good/bad'.

Wow Rob!, i did just that, out of curiousity. I've seen some pretty extensive list's of noted faults with cars in the good/bad section, but i think this has to be the worst so far!. It would certainly put me right off ever getting one. The photo's of rust inside the door are particularly grim as well as Jaguar's response to the matter!.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/jaguar/xf-2008/?sect...d

3.0 D - Jaguar XF reliability - gordonbennet

That's one heady list of bad points, makes the Golf/Passat look a paragon of complete reliability in comparison.

3.0 D - Jaguar XF reliability - Brit_in_Germany

I ran my XF for seven years from new, the only defects being a broken boot cable loom which was easily fixed and a diesel filter sensor. Mostly used for commuting, covering only 60,000 miles.