Korando, Kuga or 3008 - Rob Dover

I want to buy a used car - I live in Peru and models are limited and there aren't any diesel cars after 2011. I have narrowed the choice down to:

Ford Escape (Kuga) 1.6 (2013)

Peugeot 3008 1.6 (2015)

Korando 2.0 (2015)

In terms of reliability, fuel consumption - would welcome opinions.

I like strange cars - I have a 2002 Korando and also had a Fiat Palio Adventure.

Most appreciated for any comments/POVs.

Korando, Kuga or 3008 - badbusdriver

In petrol form all 3 should be fairly reliable, at least mechanically. I'd be a little worried about the Ford and Peugeot being 1.6, which, unless turbo, could well be a bit underpowered for a vehicle the size of the Ford and weight of the Peugeot, especially if driving at higher altitude. I think i'd be inclined to go with the Ssangyong. Although not the last word in refinement and interior quality, they do seem to be fairly sturdy and reliable. Personally i also think the Korando is a nice looking car, not too flash or showy like some, but nice and well proportioned.

Korando, Kuga or 3008 - Meteiro

I have a Korando (albeit diesel) and it's the best car I've had. If you tow at all, or need a robust family car it's great value and built like a tank. Keep it well maintained and it will last for a long time.

Korando, Kuga or 3008 - daveyK_UK
Korando
Korando, Kuga or 3008 - Rob Dover

Thank you for the replies much appreciated. I should add to the list:

Volkswagen Tiguan 2013, motor 2.0 TSI 4x4, full spec

Altitude - I quite often have to go over a pass of 3600m. The Peugeot that I am looking at has a turbo and as far as I can tell is the most fuel efficient of the list.

Any further comments most appreciated.

Korando, Kuga or 3008 - madf

Thank you for the replies much appreciated. I should add to the list:

Volkswagen Tiguan 2013, motor 2.0 TSI 4x4, full spec

Altitude - I quite often have to go over a pass of 3600m. The Peugeot that I am looking at has a turbo and as far as I can tell is the most fuel efficient of the list.

Any further comments most appreciated.

Been up to 2500m.. A Normally aspirated car feels breathless at that level..