What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus 2012 2ltr titanium x - parasitic draw - joewright

Further to my previous post a short while ago, Having had a problem with keyless entry for a while now, another problem battery ran to flat / new battery on ran down 3 times. Auto Elec, Co pulled fuses, couldn't find the culprit advised to try Ford dealership, seems as though this is a harder problem than online video's tell us.

ford focus 2012 2ltr titanium x - parasitic draw - hardway

Sometimes electrics can be a pig.

I'd guess in this situation it'll require a setup that can monitior the system over a prolonged period.

I think if I recall correctly Snap On had a problem diagnosis with battery draw that required one of the better diagnostic units to be plugged into the battery system for 24 hours in the garage.

I'll have a thunk and see if I can recall where I viewed it.

Anyway it's still a case of monitoring recorded data until a spike appears.

ford focus 2012 2ltr titanium x - parasitic draw - elekie&a/c doctor

As i have suggested previously.Modern cars,modern problems need modern methods of diagnosis. Videos on the web are ok if you are testing an old Cortina. As a matter of interest, ,has anybody actually established how much of a drain you have???

ford focus 2012 2ltr titanium x - parasitic draw - joewright

The first auto electrical company I took it to said they had gone through the procedure of 'pulling fuses' they also did diagnostic checks, Although they found and corrected some faults I wasn't aware of [I have the diagnostic readout]. The end result was they have said 'it still has a Small drain'. The recommendation was to take the car to a Ford Dealership, which in Hindsight I should have done first. They want £106 to look at it and whatever on top to try and fix the car. I have seen online even Ford garages unable to correct the fault.