What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - Scott Stevens

I'm considering buying a Honda Civic petrol 1.0 VTEC Turbo SR Manual and was contemplating a nearly new 67 plate with 2100 miles for £17,500 at Arnold Clark
www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/20180409536...0

However I just checked out drivethedeal.com (as well as car wow) and got a quote for a brand new car including optional metallic paint choice (with obviously longer warranty and save £140 on 1st year road tax) for £19,300. That's £1,700 more for a brand new one when you factor in the road tax saving.

Is this the best value deal I'm likely to get for a 67 or 18 new/nearly new Honda Civic in this model and SR trim? I'm a cash buyer.

Is there something I'm possibly overlooking with this drivethedeal.com in the way of hidden fees etc?

I live in Glasgow so I know they can charge extra for delivery to Scotland, but hopefully that wont be too much?

Anyone have experience of using drivethedeal.com and can advise on anything to watch out for?

Thanks

Edited by Scott Stevens on 09/06/2018 at 21:01

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - FiestaOwner

Hi

I'm finding a better deal for a new one at Broadspeed (Brokers).

£16,892 on the road add an extra £499 for metalic or pearlescent paint = £17,391 (on the road).

broadspeed.com/CarView/Honda/Civic/45270/VTEC_Turb...s

I should add that I've never used Broadspeed, so am not in any position to recommend them. Perhaps someone else here has used them and can give their experiences.

Hi

I'm finding a better deal for a new one at Broadspeed (Brokers).

£16,892 on the road add an extra £499 for metalic or pearlescent paint = £17,391 (on the road).

broadspeed.com/CarView/Honda/Civic/45270/VTEC_Turb...s

I should add that I've never used Broadspeed, so am not in any position to recommend them. Perhaps someone else here has used them and can give their experiences.

That sounds even better, thanks for sending this on. Although having a quick look I think they advertise prices on a PCP assumption with a discount factored and you need to phone for a cash quote, which might bump it up.

Anyone used Broadspeed brokers before?

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - daveyK_UK

broadspeed have been around for a while, decent reputation.

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - rsvtoddy

Hi - my dad bought a C class Merc using Broadspeed 3 years ago and everything was done perfectly.

HTH

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - Leif
I bought a VW Polo, and when I said I wanted to pay cash, they said take out the PCP deal, and cancel it ASAP. I got the £500 discount with the PCP, even though I cancelled it within a week. I believe that is the case with all PCP deals, they can’t claim back the discount. If you withdraw. Best to confirm though.
Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - Hugh Watt

If the Broadspeed offer doesn't stand up, you could find some alternative deals (not quite so good in the case of the Civic) at www.cars2buy.co.uk/new-cars/ - which aggregates a number of brokers' prices.

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - NARU

The last couple of cars I've bought have included a 'manufacturer contribution' on PCP. Both times I've settled the finance within 14 days. There was a small charge for the few days of interest.

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - NARU

Try coast2coast too - they were the best for my last car.

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - Engineer Andy

Try coast2coast too - they were the best for my last car.

I think it often depends upon the make you're buying - I looked at them last year for a Mazda3, VW Golf and SEAT Leon and they weren't that competitive. I suspect some have better volume deals with particular manufacturers, so can offer lower prices.

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - Engineer Andy

If the OP can get that low a deal for a Honda (rare) and pay off any PCP (if it has to be bought using one) quickly without losing any incentive or having to pay a large early redemption fee, then all the better. Hondas rarely come with discounts more than 10%, and often a lot less.

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - James2018

Thanks for pointing out Broadspeed. I will be looking for a new car soonish as my lease expires in 18 months so and its never too early to start oogling at the new models out there :-)

Those prices as so close to "nearly new" prices its silly not to take advantage!

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - IRC

I,be just bought a Skoda Superb via Drivethedeal. As for delivery the dealer turned out to be in the south of England. They offered to drive the car to a branch in Newcastle for the handover. I opted to fly down and drive it back myself. Cost £80 for taxi to Glasgow airport, the flight and train from Stansted. Flew down and drove it back in one day.

As for the purchase. Straightforward. Paid £500 deposit at time of order. By credit card so protected. Paid balance by bank transfer in dealer on day of pickup.

The car was waiting when I got there. Done just over 1000 miles so far. Not a single problem of any kind.

Price includes a £4000 contribution for taking a 6% PCP deal. I'll be paying that of in a few months though following another matter being concluded

Honda Civic - Honda Civic deal from drivethedeal.com - skidpan

We have had PCP's pn 3 cars now, all paid off within 14 days and deposit contribution retained, saved £6500 (I think) in total. The Superb is on 0% so no point paying that off.

Once nearly did a deal with Broadspeed but their dealer messed me about and I walked away. Broadspeed tried to get me another deal elsewhere but unfortunately only had one dealer for that brand. But the Broadspeed deal was useful, took it to localish dealer and they matched it, the 2 local dealers would not talk discounts.

I phoned Broadspeed today about the £17.4k figure I mentioned they quoted in the OP.

Apparently they can't sell me one at that price as they have none available. The civic won't be available until October (post-new WLTP regulations compliance) and the price will be significantly higher then.

UNLESS I phone my local dealer to see if they have any available and then they can maybe do something for me. I wasn't expecting to have to put in the leg work for the broker even at apparently available low prices.

Does this sound a bit suspicious or is this normal practice?