What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Ford Focus Crippling Problems! - Foyaz

Hi,

I’m the owner of a 1.6 Zetec 5d Auto (Climate pack) and had recently encountered two seemingly severe issues after several months of disuse.

The first worrying encounter was two months ago when the car engine wouldn’t start although the key was able to rotate into the corresponding position (I was able to unlock the doors so I assumed it wasn’t an issue with the immobiliser). Another observation during this encounter was when I put the gear shift into D the car would keep rattling vigorously.

I left the car in that state until now due to overriding priorities only to find out that I’m unable to unlock the car with both the main key and the secondary.

I kindly request any solutions that may remedy these problems, any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Regretful owner of a mistreated 4-wheeler

Edited by Avant on 29/05/2018 at 00:03

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Crippling Problems! - elekie&a/c doctor
Focus models were introduced in 1998,so yours could be 20 years old.Or is it?
Ford Focus - Ford Focus Crippling Problems! - Foyaz

Sorry it's of 06 reg

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Crippling Problems! - elekie&a/c doctor
Are you able to unlock the car via the lock in drivers door? Also, the locking system has no relation to the immobiliser system.when the key is turned in ignition switch are there any faults displayed on the central menu or does the red immobiliser light stay iluminated?
Ford Focus - Ford Focus Crippling Problems! - Energyman
I had a focus which if left for a long period went to sleep electronically so did not respond to remote key fob until it was woken up. The instructions to resolve were in the handbook inside!
I think you had to pull the door handle to reactivate. Is yours an actual key to unlock or remote?
Worth a search on the Internet.