What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - Gibbo_Wirral
Oh dear, this should upset all the French haters on here!

The car Britons love the most is French: Peugeot's 3008 is crowned the motor that makes its owners the happiest.

1. Peugeot 3008 - 93.88%*

2. Kia Niro - 93.07%

3. Alfa Romeo Giulia - 93.06%

4. Toyota Prius - 93.04%

5. Lexus RX - 92.99%

6. Lexus NX - 92.90%

7. Kia Sorento - 92.85%

8. Toyota Verso - 92.83%

9. Honda Civic - 92.50%

10. Skoda Octavia - 92.45%

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5629893/T...l
All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - SLO76
It’s good to see Peugeot coming back to form again. They used to make some of the best cars on the road back in the 80’s and 90’s and the latest offerings are a vast improvement recently. However, this result shouldn’t be mistaken for a step up in reliability as the current 3008 is too new to rank but the lack of minor quality control issues from new is certainly a good sign. The new 508 saloon looks fantastic also, I just hope it drives as well as it looks.

Edited by SLO76 on 19/04/2018 at 12:49

All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - Manatee

Given that the best score there is 93.9%, and the worst 92.4%, is there enough difference to mean anything?

There's also the question of individual preferences. If owners of any the top 10 cars were to swap for a different one, how would they score that?

Not a complaint at you Gibbo, I just wonder what use these things are. Maybe the article could have been made helpful by comparing cars with similar ones.

All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - Leif

Given that a lot of common cars are missing - VW Polo, VW UP, Ford Fiesta for example - can we really conclude that "The car Britons love the most is French: Peugeot's 3008 is crowned the motor that makes its owners the happiest. "

No we can't. In fact the results are near useless. Sadly, then again, previous years results are questionable.

All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - Miniman777
It’s another meaningless surveys from a 2bit website. I’d want to know how many sold and how many owners surveyed, so as to see proportions as Kia Niro’s and Alfa are not a see one every day car.

Plus fwiw, the 3008 would be so much more versatile with the option of a 1.6 petrol unit and manual box. In fact I’d buy one if it had the Cooper S/DS3 turbo petrol unit - temperamental as it can be.
All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - badbusdriver
It’s another meaningless surveys from a 2bit website. I’d want to know how many sold and how many owners surveyed, so as to see proportions as Kia Niro’s and Alfa are not a see one every day car. Plus fwiw, the 3008 would be so much more versatile with the option of a 1.6 petrol unit and manual box. In fact I’d buy one if it had the Cooper S/DS3 turbo petrol unit - temperamental as it can be.

Unless you measure the versatility of a car by it's performance or gearbox type, i have absolutely no idea what "the 3008 would be so much more versatile with the option of a 1.6 petrol unit and manual box" means?

All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - veloceman
Meaningless by who?

The results must have some weight by whoever entered their results.

Some folks can’t cope with the fact an Alfa could be disable

And beat most BMW, Audi, Toyota, Mazda, Lexus .,,,

Whatever you think, folks who read car Forums are interested in cars.

I’m not saying Alfa is brilliant but please don’t be blinkered that Kia/Hyundai is the best.
All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - badbusdriver

I'm not sure anyone is talking about desirability, and indeed, that is not what the survey is about. It is about owner satisfaction, and as nice as the Giulia is to look at and drive, being introduced in August 2016 (about the same as the 3008) it does not give the chance to assess it's reliability. Which, for anyone thinking of parting with their own money (as opposed to a company car or personal lease), would, or should, be much more important.

All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - bazza

Still haven't driven a car with as much charm and all over completeness in terms of driving dynamics as my father's alfasud 1.5 to from a long time ago!

All - Peugeot 3008 best car in 2018 DriverPower survey - SteveLee

Yep, loved my Alfasud 1.5ti Cloverleaf - shame it literally rusted before your very eyes. You could see it rust! Kept a dustpan and brush in the boot - still, it got faster and lighter until the inevitable catastrophic MOT failure.