What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fords - Radio code requests - galileo

I see today there are another four requests for Ford radio codes; searching the Technical forum shows hundreds of similar pleas for help.

Strangely, no requests for radio codes for other makes, why is this such a frequent issue with Fords?

Edited by galileo on 12/04/2018 at 16:35

Fords - Radio code requests - FP

My guess is that it's sort of self-perpetuating - you search on Google for Ford codes and, because there are plenty of answers here, here is where you end up. If you search for other makes you won't.

Fords - Radio code requests - galileo

My guess is that it's sort of self-perpetuating - you search on Google for Ford codes and, because there are plenty of answers here, here is where you end up. If you search for other makes you won't.

No, I specifically searched in Technical for "radio codes", the only other make that the search returned was for a Suzuki splash drive shaft seal. Try the seach yourself and you will see what I mean.

Fords - Radio code requests - gordonbennet

Don't think any of my radios have had codes for years, but then i haven't owned a ford since the 80's.

I also can't recall the last radio that failed, i've replaced a few with aftermarket radios with decent output, but the OE units fitted to the family owned cars of all makes have been very reliable, maybe ford's radios arn't reliable, or the batteries on ford cars go flat regularly losing the radio code too.

Fords - Radio code requests - FP

I think you've missed my point, which was that, because there are already so many Ford codes requests and answers on HJ, Google picks these up and this encourages fresh requests for Ford codes here. That's what I meant by "self-perpetuating". If you Google codes for other makes, HJ doesn't appear.

I agree we don't have requests for makes other than Ford, but that's not the point.