What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - Matt@

Fiesta MK 7 58 plate onwards, someone told me they have a rust issue, does anyone know if this correct? Looking to buy one 2008 to 2012 and dont want to be landed with a load of trouble!

Thanks!

Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - Chris Miller

I think it's generally accepted that these are one of the best buys in their class. SLO will hopefully be along soon with his trade opinion.

My DiL has a '58 and my son a '59. Both are rust free.

Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - SLO76
These are fantastic little cars and the only examples I’ve seen with any significant rust have been crash damaged and poorly repaired. Ford did have a poor reputation for rust resistance but the previous Mk 6 Fiesta and Mk II Focus were the first to change that. If you do see a Mk 7 with any body rot then walk away as it’ll have been through a hedge.
Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - KenC

If you want a bullet proof reliable engine buy the 1.25 version ( with a service record)

great thanks for all the info. Just one question you mention the 1.25, what about the 1.4 petrol, is that ok?

Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - elekie&a/c doctor

The 1.25 and 1.4 are basically the same engine. So no problem there. The only mechanical issue these seem to suffer is front suspension arm ball joint and bush wear. Regular mot fail point.

Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - argybargy

My son had a 59 plate 1.4 Fiesta Titanium for about five years; traded it in for a Kia Ceed.

He took it from around 25k to well over the 100k mark, and apart from regular renewal of the low profile tyres, and some damage to the bodywork caused by low speed collisions in car parks, the only unexpected expense was replacement of an air cleaner box which was broken by some clumsy oaf during a Ford service. Oh, and renewal of a suspension component after the regular knocking from the rear end eventually became too loud to ignore.

Never a drop of oil did it shed unnecessarily, and it even survived my DIY replacement of the brake shoes and discs on two occasions. Really good car.

Edited by argybargy on 07/04/2018 at 20:07

thanks for all replies, really helpfull

only thing I dont like about them is the horrible greeny blue dash!

sorry to drag this thread up. I need this Fiesta as a car for driving instructing. Am i right in saying that its only the diesels that have dual mass flywheels ?

Ford Fiesta MK 7 - do MK 7 Fiestas rust? - SLO76
The 1.25/1.4 petrols don’t have one, get one that’s been looked after and there’s nothing much to fear. The Mazda 2 is also worth looking at. It’s based on the same basic design but uses Mazda’s own bulletproof petrol motors. They tend to be a bit cheaper used too.

great.... thanks!