What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
BMW 5 Series Touring 520m sport - Battery site - charlie-s

Does anybody know exacly where the battery is situated on this model?

Any help greatly appreciated.

BMW 5 Series Touring 520m sport - Battery site - skidpan

In the BMW we had the battery was under the boot floor.

BMW 5 Series Touring 520m sport - Battery site - elekie&a/c doctor
Depends on the age of the car.Right rear wing area or under boot floor,where the spare wheel would usually be located.

I'll have a look there in the right rest wing. Deffo not in the floor car is 1 year old.

Thanks for your reply to my post.??

BMW 5 Series Touring 520m sport - Battery site - Engineer Andy
Depends on the age of the car.Right rear wing area or under boot floor,where the spare wheel would usually be located.

Good ol' Germans - hide the battery in different or hard-to-get to places. And here's me thinking they are all about efficiency and economy of effort...

It's not there. But thanks for the reply

Are you sure it’s not under boot floor?There are a few panels to remove for access.
BMW 5 Series Touring 520m sport - Battery site - sammy1

Both in the boot old E60 to 2010 in right hand well remove side panel. 2010 on F10 under the floor centre rear again remove the panel. You may have to pair a new battery to the car!

Hope not.OP says car only 1 year old

Removed all floor panels. Not on boot floor.

F11 may be where a previous reply suggested. On right rear wing panel accessed from the boot area

I'll check it out when extreme weather abates . Many Thanks for all who helped by replying To My Query