Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - javixeneize

Hi

I had a crash with my car, and i would need some advice on how much could it be the repair

I got in the back of the front car and i need to replace the bonnet, front bumper, grille and radiator

How much could it roughly be?

Thanks

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - badbusdriver

Not really a question that can be answered without seeing the car. For example, are you absolutely sure that is all the parts you need?. Nothing underneath, rad support stuff like that?, and, lights?. Also, would you be planning to do the work yourself or put it to a garage?, if it is the latter, labour rates can vary, probably by quite a lot. If you intend to do the work yourself, get on to ebay and look at the prices for the parts.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - rsvtoddy

As you will be paying for the damage to the car you ran into the back of, surely it will be an insurance claim so your insurance company will sort everything out.

The potential repair costs to both cars could easily run into thousands of pounds.

Thanks for the replies

Yes, one of the headlights needs to be replaced as well.

Car is valued at £12k. My fear is wether if this could be written off. It would be a surprise for me, but i dont know very well how car insurance works.

I have read that if the repair is more than 60% of the value of the car, it will be written off. This logic may make sense with cars that are 10 years old, but, how would it work in a 4 years old car?

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - Leif
It could be a lot, you need a Mercedes expert to comment. I damaged the frame that supports the radiator and a plastic under panel on my VW Up, a small car. The cost was £600 as it was not an easy repair, and required a lot of work plus the components were n9t cheap either. A bumper could cost many hundred to do including painting. Components from a wreaking yard is of course an option.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - 520i

Knowing the comedy prices that Merc charge for parts, even for stuff that went out of production years ago, this will be firmly in write off territory I'd reckon.

Edited by 520i on 27/03/2018 at 10:37

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - SteVee

Did your air bags go off ? Sometimes, a new dash is required as the passenger airbag damages the dash. My 2-year old Mazda 6 was written off after a crash resulted in damage to the front end - the air bags did go off, but the insurance company was worried that the engine may have been damaged as it continued to run.

Good luck with the claim.

Nop, no airbags. The crash was a slow one but the damage sustained was huge compared with the severity of the crash

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - bazza

Doesn't sound like a write off but it can be shockingly expensive to repair and that won't be cheap .but only your assessor can tell you, none of us . Good luck and let us know

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - Brit_in_Germany

If the engine and gearbox are serviceable, the value of the car as a source of spare parts will be reasonably high so the 60% figure sounds reasonable, especially when you have to factor in hire cars while it is being repaired.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class - Mercedes A class 2013 repair estimate - KJP 123

Am I missing something?

If car in front is claiming OP will be paying higher insurance costs anyway. If OP pays all costs and doesn’t tell insurance company that surely will be more than increase in premiums. And if later further damage is found to car in front, maybe at MOT, that will come back to bite OP.

It seems that OP is worried car may be written off. Why, it is not a rare car that cannot be replaced? If OP pays for repairs he keeps car but is thousands out of pocket: if insurance write it off he gets value of car, buys another, and pays hundreds more in insurance at most.