B Max/ Jazz - Goodbye Powershift. - argybargy

Well, I said goodbye to Powershift today. Its been a rollercoaster ride that I never should have paid for, but big lesson learned and seven months down the road from the beginning of that adventure, we'll now be coming home in a 13 plate Honda Jazz.

Drives nicely, accelarates with gentle aplomb and those doors close with such a solid, subtle clunk, don't they, Jazz owners? And I really, REALLY can't understand how they managed to make the Jazz boot bigger than that of the B Max, and still have plenty of legroom in the back. Remarkable.

Just thought I'd let folks know that I'm back in the Sensible Motoring Club. It may turn out to be boring, but hopefully it'll be safe, cheap and hassle free.

And let me also thank those who recommended the Jazz.

B Max/ Jazz - Goodbye Powershift. - madf

Doors do close nicely. The engineering is very solid: split pinned balljoints in steering. I thought they went out decades ago.

You can literally close the doors with a finger, can't you?

Very different to those big sliding jobbies on the B Max, as useful as they could sometimes be.

B Max/ Jazz - Goodbye Powershift. - badbusdriver

Hopefully it will serve you well argy, and I quite agree about the packaging, must be some sort of witchcraft going on!?.

Shame it had to happen though, and I do like the B-max myself. Let's hope that Ford learn by their mistakes (yeah, I know, not a chance!)

Hopefully it will serve you well argy, and I quite agree about the packaging, must be some sort of witchcraft going on!?.

Shame it had to happen though, and I do like the B-max myself. Let's hope that Ford learn by their mistakes (yeah, I know, not a chance!)

Yes BBD: despite the hassle we've had with ours, I still regard the B Max as a very good car.

Indeed, if in two or three years' time I get fed up with being burnt off at traffic lights by butcher's assistants on their delivery bicycles, I might consider an Ecoboost version of that same car, IF in the meantime I can be absolutely sure that all the problems associated with that engine have been ironed out.

I know, I know...you can lead a horse to water.

Edited by argybargy on 27/01/2018 at 08:49