What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 2013 ecoboost 1.0 125 - Clutch problems with Ford Focus ecoboost 125 - ajohnh

In December 2016 (warranty expired June 2016) I had a new clutch & flywheel fitted due to the clutch slave cylinder leaking. My Ford dealer reported the cause of the problem without delay & got me a 50% goodwill payment from Ford Motors.

My car is now back at the dealers & they report the clutch plate is worn down to the metal & the flywheel is also damaged, after just 9k miles & 12 months since the previous work done, but there is no sign of any fluid leakage. I am inclined to believe what they say.
Just my wife & myself drive the car & we each have over 40 years driving mainly in manual cars, are not heavy footed (but cannot prove it) & am at a loss to understand how a clutch can be destroyed completely in 9K miles. I can only think that the previous clutch replacement was not properly fitted (but cannot prove it)
Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause ?

I am going to be faced with a bill of over £1,000 & can only see if another goodwill payment is available.

Thanks
John